★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: FISHLABS
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 184.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: Warp Shift is a unique puzzle game set in a mysterious world. To dive into its fascinating universe, you need at least iOS8. The game runs on iPhone 4S to iPhone 6+, iPad mini 1 and 2, iPad Pro, iPad 2 (or newer) and iPod touch 5G.

# # # AN AUDIO-VISUAL VOYAGE THROUGH TIME AND SPACE # # #

Warp Shift takes you on a marvelous journey that challenges your mind and stimulates your senses. Experience beautiful visuals, challenging puzzles and intriguing sound design.

Guide the little girl Pi and her magical companion through the maze-like confines of the enigmatic ancient chamber that keeps them trapped. Think ahead and alter your surroundings wisely to usher Pi back home one swipe after another. Embark on an audio-visual voyage through time and space, never knowing where your next step will lead you.

# # # MIND-BOGGLING FEATURES # # #

A work of art: Enjoy a mesmerizing game that stimulates your eyes, ears and brains
How to get out?: Traverse maze-like environments that change at your fingertip
A unique kind of puzzler: Alter your surroundings to open new ways
From one realm to another: Explore 5 unique worlds with 15 levels each
Easy of access: Reach your destination via taps and swipes
No stress or hurry: Play to relax, escape and clear your mind

# # # JOURNEY ONWARDS # # #

Deep Silver FISHLABS website: http://www.dsfishlabs.com/
ISBIT Games website: http://isbitgames.com/

# # # COSTS & REQUIREMENTS # # #

Warp Shift requires at least iOS 8 and runs on iPhone 4s (or higher), iPad 2 (or higher) and iPod touch 5G. It does not run on iPhone 4, iPad 1 and iPod touch 4G or older devices! The app contains in-app purchases. If you do not want to use them, you can disable them in your devices settings.
05-25-2016, 08:52 AM

I've been playing this a bit today. Fun and beautiful puzzle game. No countdown timers it just let's you solve the puzzles on your own pace. There are iaps for level solutions. Up to 6,99 for 50 levels. There are only 75 levels and buying hints is cheating imo, so there's not really a reason to buy the iap.

05-25-2016, 09:36 AM
These are the games I like, very lovely intro, the best I saw in ages, it all looks georgeous, you get sucked into a hole and you need to get back outside, you meet a little cubed robot who helps you on your quest, hope there is an end scene when you finnaly reach the top that would be nice, just gonna play and be wondered.

There are 700 Achievement points, that's 2 stars from me allready, and I am sure the other 3 stars will make it also eventually, well OK. 5 stars from me.

Games like this will keep me interested in the IOS scene, keep em coming.
05-25-2016, 09:42 AM
I just don't buy the mechanics. Granted, I haven't yet bought the game, and I'm willing to give it a shot, but as far as I can see there isn't really a puzzle element at all. Every puzzle can be solved by focusing on only two squares at a time, which renders the shuffling mechanic mostly irrelevant. Of course, you can focus on minimal moves. But I am not a fan of minimal move challenges unless they really present a entirely different and creative way of thinking. In later stages, what mechanics are introduced? The late game development of the levels will probably what will push me to one side of the fence or the other.
05-25-2016, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscaper View Post
I just don't buy the mechanics. Granted, I haven't yet bought the game, and I'm willing to give it a shot, but as far as I can see there isn't really a puzzle element at all. Every puzzle can be solved by focusing on only two squares at a time, which renders the shuffling mechanic mostly irrelevant. Of course, you can focus on minimal moves. But I am not a fan of minimal move challenges unless they really present a entirely different and creative way of thinking. In later stages, what mechanics are introduced? The late game development of the levels will probably what will push me to one side of the fence or the other.
Different colors which means you have to line up the blocks exit next to another block with the same color and the grid gets bigger, which makes it a lot harder.
05-25-2016, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscaper View Post
You are the Great Escaper after all, this should be right up your alley!!!
05-25-2016, 12:57 PM
So i just started playing this, is it just me or does it seem like the main character was designed as a boy and then last minute a pony tail was added? Especially in the very first animated cutscenes. Not a complaint, just a thought. Otherwise, the game seems fun so far!
05-25-2016, 01:00 PM
Looks cool but what are the IAP like after already paying for the game?
05-25-2016, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj132 View Post
Looks cool but what are the IAP like after already paying for the game?
IAP are only for hints, no worries.
05-25-2016, 01:14 PM
Finished the first world, level 2-5 shows me the cleverness this game has, I really like it, it gets harder over time.

It reminds a bit of a movie I saw 15 years ago called Cube, it was an intereting movie, low budget but fun to watch, this game has cutscenes between the chapters, so there will be defenatly an ending sequence, well I hope.