★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Earthmart Corporation wants to recycle the old robots to create new model shiny high tech versions.

But there is one thing standing in the way of their devious plan to press you into an iron pancake... your ride...Mega Tank.

-Action and Strategy Gameplay
-Endless Runner + Castle Defense
-Customizable Tank. Build it up and decorate it the way you want!
-Use Weapons like saw blades, flamethrowers, mortars, grenade launchers, cannons, gatling guns, lasers, missile launchers, smashers, heat rays, and chain lightning to destroy everything in your path!
-Three starting Battles including Bot City, Electro Lotus Jungle, and Metal Desert
-Background gradient colors change based on time of day for nearly endless variety
-Evil robot bosses, including the Mega Robo-Chicken, Not-So-Mega Tank and the Helzacopter
-Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards
-Collectible Weapon System to form the unstoppable Machine Gun Nukinator
-Power-Ups to help the tank through rough patches including Boost Packs, Finger-Of-Death, and the Death Ray weapon among a host of others.
-Share Epic Replays
-Crane Game to collect weapon pieces, win continues, and extra scrap
-Music by MaXXX
-Art by Poor Al

Build up the stack-able death machine Mega Tank, crush the enemy beneath your weight, and roll until the treads fall off.

zombieland's comments:
Mega Tank is now available on the App Store. iPad and iPhone.

Game Gardeners is proud to announce the launch of our first game!! We are a micro indie dev team, and we are immensely excited to finally get the game out to the App Store and let fans enjoy it!

Mega Tank highlights:
-See how far you can go and how many robots you can destroy!!!
-Action and Strategy Gameplay
-Endless Runner + Castle Defense
-Customizable Tank. Build it up and decorate it the way you want!
-Use Weapons like saw blades, flamethrowers, mortars, grenade launchers, cannons, Gatling guns, lasers, missile launchers, smashers, heat rays, and chain lightning to destroy everything in your path!
-Three starting -endless- Battles including Bot City, Electro Lotus Jungle, and Metal Desert. Each endless battle has unique enemies, challenging Checkpoint sequences, and a boss battle that gets more and more difficult as Mega Tank rolls further!
-Evil robot bosses, including the Mega Robo-Chicken, Not-So-Mega Tank and the Hellzacopter
-Share Video Replays and show off your tanks crushing power
-iCloud to save progress and share across devices
-Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards
-Collectible Weapon System featuring the Machine Gun Nukinator
-Power-Ups to help the tank through difficult sections including Boost Packs, Shields, Repair Kits, Finger-Of-Death, the Death Ray weapon and many others.
-Crane Game to collect weapon pieces, win continues, power-ups and extra scrap!!!
-Music by MaXXX
-Whimsical art and style of Poor Al

Link to it on the store here: https://itunes.apple.com/app/mega-tank/id642455094?mt=8

Trailer here:

05-25-2016, 07:16 PM
Enjoying this so far.

05-25-2016, 08:05 PM
Yeeee haaaaaa! For IPhone now? Bring it on!

Billy
05-25-2016, 10:29 PM
Finally
05-25-2016, 11:55 PM
Billy- Yes, definitely iPhone now!!

Galvaude- Excellent! We appreciate the feedback and are really glad you are enjoying it so far!

Jayg2015- Yes... -finally-. We feel the same way! Hope you enjoy it!
05-26-2016, 10:23 AM
Ok,

A few questions. I plan to do a review but I need to really give the game a full shake down first.

When in the armory, it's not really explained what weapons I can use and where. Perhaps I missed it? There's four outlined blocks on the tank. Can I use weapons on those whit squares? Are all the weapons manual or is there any that will fire automatically so I can concentrate on others?

Can you please add a scrap doubler in app purchase. People such as myself won't purchase consumable IAP but I will purchase a currency doubler that will let me play the game to earn the rest. The IAP prices are pretty high to be honest as well. Also do you earn those gold cogs by playing it are they purchase only?

I was only able to view two ads before it said there were no more available. You need to check your ad network there's a problem there.

That's it for now. It's a fun game so far. I'm just trying to figure things out here. I'd be happy to make a purchase if you put in a scrap doubler.

Billy
05-26-2016, 11:53 AM
I quite like both the idea and the mechanics, but I do have a few issues with It so far

1. The cost of the equipment/upgrades - I'm struggling to get past about checkpoint 5 at the moment despite having upgraded both my weapons once but the amount of cash you earn versus the price of equipment seems to me like there's a great deal of grinding to do.
Also I struggled to see any difference in the effectiveness of my weapons after the upgrade.
2. Explanation of weapons/locations - I spent over 1000 on a mortar, thought I'd just equip it in the empty slot at the top but it won't let me and it's completely useless as a primary weapon.
3. Explanation of what the lucky debris does - I finish my game, try the lucky dip, win something (including a continue at one point), close the screen and it's game over.

I'm going to persevere with it for a bit but unless I'm missing something fundamental I'm not sure I can deal with the grind.
05-26-2016, 02:17 PM
This is exactly why I haven't purchased anything. You didn't find any explanations either? They need to explain what goes where and what does what. The game desperately needs a scrap doubler IAP as well.

Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecan View Post
I quite like both the idea and the mechanics, but I do have a few issues with It so far

1. The cost of the equipment/upgrades - I'm struggling to get past about checkpoint 5 at the moment despite having upgraded both my weapons once but the amount of cash you earn versus the price of equipment seems to me like there's a great deal of grinding to do.
Also I struggled to see any difference in the effectiveness of my weapons after the upgrade.
2. Explanation of weapons/locations - I spent over 1000 on a mortar, thought I'd just equip it in the empty slot at the top but it won't let me and it's completely useless as a primary weapon.
3. Explanation of what the lucky debris does - I finish my game, try the lucky dip, win something (including a continue at one point), close the screen and it's game over.

I'm going to persevere with it for a bit but unless I'm missing something fundamental I'm not sure I can deal with the grind.
05-26-2016, 02:21 PM
This is exactly why I haven't purchased anything. You didn't find any explanations either? They need to explain what goes where and what does what. The game desperately needs a scrap doubler IAP as well.

I wish I could have beta tested this. I would have definitely brought this all up.

Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecan View Post

05-26-2016, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
Ok,

A few questions. I plan to do a review but I need to really give the game a full shake down first.

When in the armory, it's not really explained what weapons I can use and where. Perhaps I missed it? There's four outlined blocks on the tank. Can I use weapons on those whit squares? Are all the weapons manual or is there any that will fire automatically so I can concentrate on others?

Can you please add a scrap doubler in app purchase. People such as myself won't purchase consumable IAP but I will purchase a currency doubler that will let me play the game to earn the rest. The IAP prices are pretty high to be honest as well. Also do you earn those gold cogs by playing it are they purchase only?

I was only able to view two ads before it said there were no more available. You need to check your ad network there's a problem there.

That's it for now. It's a fun game so far. I'm just trying to figure things out here. I'd be happy to make a purchase if you put in a scrap doubler.

Billy
Billy-

Some answers for you here!!

Yes, weapons differ. Some are 'auto' fire. (most auto fire). Some are manual like the Sniper Rifle or the Ground Weapons (like the Sawblade). Choice to not add more text to explain was basically a menu choice. We could/should have had pop-ups appear or an (i) bubble that person can touch to get even more info on a weapon. We also felt that 'discovery' was part of the game. So figuring out which weapons you like and don't and which are auto-fire/not was supposed to be part of the experimentation and fun. Noted though that we could give more information.

Noted about pricing of the IAP. To answer your Q, Golden Gears are earned in the Lucky Scrap game. We have a Power-up for Scrap Doubling, but not a full IAP to do it. Also noted that this might make a good IAP to add to it.

Thanks for the heads up about the videos. Seems like we need to add more providers of video ads or they need to get more ads for us. Good to know though that people are running out of ads to be served to them.

Really appreciate the feedback here!!! Thanks again for taking the time with the game!

-Al (from Game Gardeners)