★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Presenting the definitive Pixel King experience.

Exciting news citizen! Our glorious ruler has passed a new law, specifically stating that 'The Magnificent One's castle must at all times be at least 42% grander, cooler and shinier than those of their enemies.' The time has come for you, brave citizen, to fight for, and almost certainly die for, your great ruler's noble dream to one day have their own private waterpark!

Build an awesome fortress, stuff it with soldiers, catapults and whatnot, and lead your army into battle in devious turn-based combat!

All Glory to the Pixel King! is a single-player game, supported by the creativity of it's players worldwide. Each of the computer controlled fortresses you invade is that of another player.

Defeat opponents to unlock new unit types, and raid treasure chests to equip them with legendary weapons, armour and mounts. Try and unlock them all!

My Fair IAP Promise: no paywalls, no pushiness, no timers, fair matchmaking, and nothing that can't be unlocked through good old-fashioned play!

New for the 2nd Edition:
- Rebuilt from the ground up.
- The classic class based units return, augmented with granular customisation inspired by Pixel Dynasty.
- Further tweak your difficulty for greater rewards, with new permadeath and permadamage options.
- Compete alongside other players for control of the World Conquest Rankings.
- Powered by iCloud.

Boardumb's comments:

05-26-2016, 04:19 AM
Thanks for starting the thread! Dev here, lurking to answer any questions people might have.

05-26-2016, 04:23 AM
It looks so simple.

Last edited by PROAPK; 05-26-2016 at 04:26 AM.
05-26-2016, 10:51 AM
I was asked how to find a certain game feature in another thread, so was just wondering how easy it is to find the following features, and whether or not it is obvious enough that they are there?

- Using the magnifying glass option in the unit chooser to customise units.
- Using the magnifying glass option in the unit chooser to customise the king and view the global team rankings.
- Accessing the chest shop when customising a unit.

Any feedback would help me add more guidance where needed! Thanks.
05-26-2016, 12:27 PM
Honestly, I found a lot of things quite confusing. A tutorial would do wonders for this game. Some starting tips on building a simple fortress wouldn't hurt either.

As for those specific things you mentioned. I apparently did find the customize unit function, though there really nothing I could customize yet as far as I can tell. I didn't see the rankings until I looked for it now because of your post, and the same with the chest shop. I still don't know what the chest shop does however.

It's too late.
05-26-2016, 01:18 PM
Takes alot to find the chest. On the ipad the text is super small.

Still wish catapults had splash damage, even just a little I feel theyd be infinitely more useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gormster View Post
I was asked how to find a certain game feature in another thread, so was just wondering how easy it is to find the following features, and whether or not it is obvious enough that they are there?

- Using the magnifying glass option in the unit chooser to customise units.
- Using the magnifying glass option in the unit chooser to customise the king and view the global team rankings.
- Accessing the chest shop when customising a unit.

Any feedback would help me add more guidance where needed! Thanks.
05-26-2016, 05:21 PM
Great update from the original!

IMHO for new players - beeline for those chests! There's plenty of gear that does nothing but improve the unit you equip it on...

Only thing I feel is missing is a CANCEL/UNDO when you accidentally moved a unit instead of selecting another, but for how fast this plays it's a minor issue.

Another tip: 'move' your king/queen first, then the game will auto-switch to the other army when you've moved all your units. Every so often I get a pocket of units off by themselves and almost forget to move them (by pressing the end turn button...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
05-26-2016, 06:23 PM
Not sure what I'm buying here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
05-27-2016, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Not sure what I'm buying here...

Ah weird, that's the unlock all units purchase.

Will look into that, as English should always be the default language unless you're set to Japanese.

What language is your phone set to?
05-27-2016, 06:51 AM
it's buggy: first I restarted the map than I lost the troop symbol, than i restated the app and I started a fight but I pressed the wrong button and the fight was over without warning, third I started another fight and the game crashed.

plus enemy moves are still to boring to watch.
otherwise I still like the game!

( iPhone SE)