★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Earth stands united!

Join the combat ranks of the Earth Space Defense and protect the world from the alien invasion! Create the ultimate military fleet, and use the latest hybrid alien technology to win battles across the Solar System.

WE WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT!
- Assemble the best ESD Squadron of advanced fighter jets and support vehicles by using hybrid alien tech & weaponry
- Experiment with different combinations and make the best use of your squad-members abilities

WE WILL NOT VANISH WITHOUT A FIGHT!
- Recruit elite pilots, including veterans of the War of 1996 and heroes of the ESD!
- Launch special attacks or support your squad with each of your pilot's unique hybrid fighters

WERE GOING TO LIVE!
- Salvage valuable tech from the wreckage of your enemies and use them to upgrade your arsenal
- Unlock special weapons like Cold Fusion Warheads and Alien Laser Cannons for the ultimate firepower

WERE GOING TO SURVIVE!
- Challenge other ESD Squadron Leaders to show off your skills, learn new tactics, and climb to the top of the leaderboards

TODAY, WE CELEBRATE OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY!
- The time has come to protect ourselves again from annihilation. Are you up to the task?

Boardumb's comments:

Independence Day Resurgence: Battle Heroes

ZEN Studios Ltd.
Genres: Games Strategy Role-Playing
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Earth stands united! Join the combat ranks of humanity and defend Earth from the alien invasion! Form the ultimate Independence Day Resurgence military fleet and use the latest hybrid alien-human technology to win battles all across the Solar System.

BUILD THE ULTIMATE SQUADRON
Gather the best team of advanced fighter jets and support vehicles using hybrid human-alien tech & weaponry. Experiment with different combinations and make the best use of your squad-members various abilities.

COLLECT ACE PILOTS
Assemble ace pilots from all over the world, including veterans of the War of 1996 and heroes of the ESD. Each pilot has their own unique fighter jets, special attacks, and support skills.

UPGRADE YOUR ARSENAL
Salvage valuable tech resources from the wreckage of your enemies and use them to upgrade your weaponry. Unlock special weapons like Cold Fusion Warheads or Alien Laser Cannons for the ultimate firepower.

TEST YOUR SKILLS IN SIMULATED COMBAT EXCERCISES
Match up with other Squadron Leaders to show your skills and learn new tactics.

DO NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT
The time has come to protect ourselves again from annihilation. Are you up to the task?

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.1

Download Size: 46.7MB

05-26-2016, 03:32 PM
ok now where do i shoot the ball....oh wait its not a pinball game for once ;-)

So i played roughly hour of the game so far, and to sum it up its a Soul Heroes set in space plus some Marvel Alliance 2 mixed in as well for good measure.

The Player start of with two pilots and take on alien attacking ships.

With each win the player can get parts to upgrade his/her squadron fighters, bombers, tugs etc once again very Soul Heroes.

Like Alliance 2 the player's ships come with specific weapons that do various damage so some forward planning in when to use the weapon and at what point is the key to winning the dogfight.

Like Soul Heroes a player has two chests one that opens 5 times a day and the premium which requires currency to open or of course the player can wait.

Of course there is a timer which is the form of oil, so stopping a player rushing through the game.

Plus not forgetting VIP leveling which seems to go hand in hand with these types of games.

I still have to unlock combat Area, Allies (i suspect a clan type thing), challenges and operations.

So once again if you like Soul Heroes then you will be right at home, otherwise i don't know if this game will keep people interested for long.

Streaming some of the newest and hottest games on youtube search touchgameplay

Last edited by hellscaretaker; 05-26-2016 at 06:15 PM.
06-08-2016, 06:36 PM
Out now.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
06-09-2016, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscaretaker View Post
ok now where do i shoot the ball....oh wait its not a pinball game for once ;-)

So i played roughly hour of the game so far, and to sum it up its a Soul Heroes set in space plus some Marvel Alliance 2 mixed in as well for good measure.

The Player start of with two pilots and take on alien attacking ships.

With each win the player can get parts to upgrade his/her squadron fighters, bombers, tugs etc once again very Soul Heroes.

Like Alliance 2 the player's ships come with specific weapons that do various damage so some forward planning in when to use the weapon and at what point is the key to winning the dogfight.

Like Soul Heroes a player has two chests one that opens 5 times a day and the premium which requires currency to open or of course the player can wait.

Of course there is a timer which is the form of oil, so stopping a player rushing through the game.

Plus not forgetting VIP leveling which seems to go hand in hand with these types of games.

I still have to unlock combat Area, Allies (i suspect a clan type thing), challenges and operations.

So once again if you like Soul Heroes then you will be right at home, otherwise i don't know if this game will keep people interested for long.
Thanks for looking into it. I love the IP and the idea of the game. But I just don't need another energy/timer/currency/upgrade app on my device. I think I'm burned out of good IPs getting this treatment. Nothing against Zen, though. Looks like they made it look and work great, like all of the pinball tables I've purchased.
06-09-2016, 04:37 PM
Give It a Chance

I'll be the first to give this a seal of approval.

It's nicely done. If you like Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, you'll like this. It's very similar, but with ships and some minor tweaks.

The IP isn't quite as strong as the mighty Star Wars, but the game is polished and the graphics are stunning.

Get started today, I'm level 5 already!
06-09-2016, 09:56 PM
4-5 stunlocks you from 100-0 every time! Needs a nerf badly!