★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "A clean and clever puzzler" - PocketGamer.co.uk
"Step On Gregg is cute, fun, upbeat, and challenging" - AppAdvice

What would you do if someone stepped on you?
Furious, would you insult the culprit?
Serious mistake, because on your back the sleep walking chickens are going dangerously towards the pit

Welcome to Gregg's universe, where our hero too busy to bellow, could not save one of the fowls in danger.
Your mission - if you accept it - is to help Gregg to save these poor beasts!

For this you will have access to:
160 levels in 5 rather charming worlds and 2 different modes
Magical objects (geysers, flying dice and teleportation flutes...)
16 free animated Stickers for Messages!
Share GIFs of your best and worst moments!
Live stream your progression through your favorite streaming services!
An automatic synchronization of your progress, leaderboards and achievements via iCloud
One of your fingers to control the character (not included in the game)

We still have a thousand arguments to make you like Step On Gregg, but honestly, no one reads the descriptions this far!

Unless you
So to thank you we'll give you a hint: in level14 on your righ POOF Ouch!
Excuse me, but Gregg is waiting for you to play. Shall we go?
06-01-2016, 08:35 AM
#2
Joined: May 2012
Location: THE NETHERLANDS
Posts: 2,568
Played this game two years ago, but gonna play it again it's great fun, it's free now, they added the lock features King of Thieves has, you need to pick a lock with keys to unlock a level, keys generate over time, but I am sure you can buy them hence the freemium aproche.

It has plenty of Achievements which is great.

06-01-2016, 11:21 AM
#3
Gregg is back

Yup, apparently PlayFripp got to reboot the original Gregg (now owning all rights)! Played 10 levels, and see the same principles/mechanics. I noticed in level 6 that the position of the right-most star was different, other levels are different, but cannot say yet if levels have been renewed or re-ordered (or both).
It is no longer premium, but we all know the situation developers find themselves in. The solution here is as Roger explained. The keys can be bought, gained by watching a video ad, or by waiting out a timer; it does seem reasonable and so far I don't feel restricted (but only 10 levels in).

I still miss a leaderboard!
And it would be good to be able to quickly retry a level after for example having two-starred it and wanting to three-star it. Now you get booted to the next level.

[edit] I touched one of the later levels and it gave me a popup "Unlock and play this level ($0.99)". I like to put my money where my fingers are so I bought it (the IAP showed as "Level Unlocker"), but it unlocked the first not-played level (not more) and not the level I had touched. It was a bit weird.

[edit2] The level navigation menu is really stretched out horizontally (4 levels per screen only). I can see this becoming a problem when you want to go back and forth to replay earlier levels to three-star them for example. It is a lot of swiping and the swiping feels like syrup here too. A "traditional", one screen per world with all levels as alternative would be welcome!

Last edited by saosijs; 06-01-2016 at 11:50 AM.
06-02-2016, 03:55 AM
#4
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Lyon, FR
Posts: 252
Send a message via Skype™ to PlayFripp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
Played this game two years ago, but gonna play it again it's great fun, it's free now, they added the lock features King of Thieves has, you need to pick a lock with keys to unlock a level, keys generate over time, but I am sure you can buy them hence the freemium aproche.

It has plenty of Achievements which is great.
It's been a long time Roger
Happy that you like the new version. If you have any feedback, do not hesitate

Take a look at my games (if you wish!):
Step On Gregg
Wacoon Jump! - 2D Platformer!
06-02-2016, 04:02 AM
#5
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Lyon, FR
Posts: 252
Send a message via Skype™ to PlayFripp
Quote:
Originally Posted by saosijs View Post
Yup, apparently PlayFripp got to reboot the original Gregg (now owning all rights)! Played 10 levels, and see the same principles/mechanics. I noticed in level 6 that the position of the right-most star was different, other levels are different, but cannot say yet if levels have been renewed or re-ordered (or both).
It is no longer premium, but we all know the situation developers find themselves in. The solution here is as Roger explained. The keys can be bought, gained by watching a video ad, or by waiting out a timer; it does seem reasonable and so far I don't feel restricted (but only 10 levels in).

I still miss a leaderboard!
And it would be good to be able to quickly retry a level after for example having two-starred it and wanting to three-star it. Now you get booted to the next level.

[edit] I touched one of the later levels and it gave me a popup "Unlock and play this level ($0.99)". I like to put my money where my fingers are so I bought it (the IAP showed as "Level Unlocker"), but it unlocked the first not-played level (not more) and not the level I had touched. It was a bit weird.

[edit2] The level navigation menu is really stretched out horizontally (4 levels per screen only). I can see this becoming a problem when you want to go back and forth to replay earlier levels to three-star them for example. It is a lot of swiping and the swiping feels like syrup here too. A "traditional", one screen per world with all levels as alternative would be welcome!
Hi saosijis, you've got the picture of the whole thing

Here are some answers on your feedbacks :
- Quick retry : It is a good idea, will look how can we add this to the UI.
- Level Unlocker on the Map : Ok sorry for that. When you pressed on the later level, does the camera animates to roll back to the first not-unyoked level? It should do that, that's maybe a bug.
- Map stretched : Yes I thought about that, we are trying some "shortcut" ideas for the map.

Thank you very much for your benevolence

Take a look at my games (if you wish!):
Step On Gregg
Wacoon Jump! - 2D Platformer!
06-02-2016, 05:04 AM
#6
Joined: May 2012
Location: THE NETHERLANDS
Posts: 2,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayFripp View Post
It's been a long time Roger
Happy that you like the new version. If you have any feedback, do not hesitate
Hi Playfripp, it's been a long time indeed.

I just want to say that the Appstore has nearly 1 million games, but only 500 of them are worth playing and your game is one of the 500 for me anyway.
06-03-2016, 07:42 AM
#7
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Lyon, FR
Posts: 252
Send a message via Skype™ to PlayFripp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
Hi Playfripp, it's been a long time indeed.

I just want to say that the Appstore has nearly 1 million games, but only 500 of them are worth playing and your game is one of the 500 for me anyway.
Thank you very much
Do not hesitate if you have any feedbacks!

Take a look at my games (if you wish!):
Step On Gregg
Wacoon Jump! - 2D Platformer!
06-03-2016, 08:11 AM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayFripp View Post
Hi saosijis, you've got the picture of the whole thing

Here are some answers on your feedbacks :
- Quick retry : It is a good idea, will look how can we add this to the UI.
- Level Unlocker on the Map : Ok sorry for that. When you pressed on the later level, does the camera animates to roll back to the first not-unyoked level? It should do that, that's maybe a bug.
- Map stretched : Yes I thought about that, we are trying some "shortcut" ideas for the map.

Thank you very much for your benevolence
Thanks for the reply!
Yes, the camera did rollback to the first locked level.
I think the IAP's could be clearer, like indicating you really are unlocking one level only, and then also offer a general unlock IAP. My preference would be this: allow always to play three levels ahead and then offer IAP to unlock specific world, and an IAP to unlock all.

Did you think about a leaderboard? Could even be a simple progression leaderboard (number of stars)
06-03-2016, 05:34 PM
#9
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Lyon, FR
Posts: 252
Send a message via Skype™ to PlayFripp
Quote:
Originally Posted by saosijs View Post
Thanks for the reply!
Yes, the camera did rollback to the first locked level.
I think the IAP's could be clearer, like indicating you really are unlocking one level only, and then also offer a general unlock IAP. My preference would be this: allow always to play three levels ahead and then offer IAP to unlock specific world, and an IAP to unlock all.

Did you think about a leaderboard? Could even be a simple progression leaderboard (number of stars)
Hi saosijs,
I think that you are right for the Level Unlocker, we will look on how to integrate a clear level number in that UI
For the three levels mechanic and the global unlocked we will have a team chat about that

The simple leaderboard is great idea too!

Thank you very much
If you have any other feedback do not hesitate!

Take a look at my games (if you wish!):
Step On Gregg
Wacoon Jump! - 2D Platformer!

Last edited by PlayFripp; 06-03-2016 at 05:43 PM.
06-03-2016, 06:11 PM
#10
Joined: May 2012
Location: THE NETHERLANDS
Posts: 2,568
Hi Playfripp, I just want to ask about world 5 that is a new world right, I did not play this world in the original game right, there were only 4 worlds but I am not sure, can you confirm that world 5 is new or not.