★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: IMPORTANT: Made for the iPad Pro, Air 1+, Mini 2+ & iPhone 6 Plus or newer. Not compatible with older or smaller devices!

"Super hard to put down." 5/5 Gameplay @ MobileTechReview

SUMMARY:

Set in a dynamic open-world sandbox with an evolving conflict between three major splinter groups of humanity, players can freely be merchants, bounty hunters, pirates, miners, smugglers or wanderers.

Your actions or in-actions, big or small carry consequences that are noticed by the inhabitants and factions. Empires will rise and fall, take a side, or sow the seeds of anarchy.

Be immersed in a universe that's alive with random events offering pilots an opportunity for exploitation. Be involved in dynamic economies with logistical supply & demand at the mercy of a capitalistic merchant or a menacing pirate.

Be the catalyst to decide the fate of humanity.

FEATURES:

* Full HD PC top-down space combat & trader sim, refined with intuitive controls & UI for mobiles.

* Squad-RPG progression via skills, perks, ship upgrades & modules.

* Deep trade system with dynamic supply & demand, affected by events, piracy & conflict.

* Fluid real-time combat with tactical pause & a wide variety of weapons.

* Resource gathering & looting of combat kills.

* Dynamic factions will conquer & defend systems with fleet movements. Your actions, big or small, have a major effect on the tide of conquest!

* Random events offer opportunities and also ensure no two game plays out the same.

* Random encounters offer interesting side-quests or tough choices with major consequences.

* Man & take to the sky in Corvettes, Frigates, Cruisers, Capitals and Carriers!

* Clever enemies. Fast & agile ships will flank, large ships will broadside tank with their strong directional shields.

* Take part in epic fleet battles with Capital Ships battling among support ships & hordes of combat drones!

* Intelligent Squad AI, never be caught flying with stupid, ever.

* Challenging, non hand-holding, but fair Rogue-like gameplay.

---------------------------------------------------------

Additional notes:

Please be aware, the game is English only. I am a solo developer with limited resources so supporting multiple languages is currently not possible.

Recommended start: Merchant or Hunter. Pirate is not for newbies, it is very tough with every faction out to kill you on sight!

There's an alternative Flight Control option/toggle in the title menu, bottom right icon, tap for info. It is there to allow more finer flight controls & ship turning on the spot, based on player feedback.

Rogue-like mode is only recommended for expert players. It truly is challenging, however, special Capital Ships are available in this difficulty mode as a bonus.

For queries or feedback, please contact me:

Twitter: @AH_Phan
Email: halfgeekstudios@gmail.com
06-01-2016, 07:47 AM
Looks great but my iPhone 6s won't run it because of screen size.

06-01-2016, 07:57 AM
Looks awesome
06-01-2016, 07:57 AM
AppStore letting me purchase on iPad4, hesitate buying due to devs compatibility disclaimer. Assume if that disclaimer is true, there will be issues as the Appstores stated device requirements are not as stringent as the devs noted device limitation.
06-01-2016, 08:06 AM
The game is great, but the music always stop play after a few mintues until I left a planet...
06-01-2016, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmattergames View Post
AppStore letting me purchase on iPad4, hesitate buying due to devs compatibility disclaimer. Assume if that disclaimer is true, there will be issues as the Appstores stated device requirements are not as stringent as the devs noted device limitation.
Apple doesn't provide a way to lock out certain devices. You should definitely go with the developers recommendations.

Follow me at @bitGamerX for video game news and reviews.

My favorite video game genres include adventure, board, 4X, roguelike, space sims, and strategy games.
06-01-2016, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmattergames View Post
Unfortunately, us devs do not have the ability to filter out specific devices. Thus we have to put a note or warning for users.

Because I only have limited test devices (as well as beta testers), I did not have access to iPad 3/4 during development and testing so I cannot say if it works or not.

My personal devices are: iPad Air (1st gen), iPad Mini 2, iPhone 6 Plus.

However, the game is designed for Retina screen resolution, all the UI scaling is based on resolution as well as ratio.

Oh, if there's no audio on your device, in the options menu, turn down/up the volume it will fix it for good.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...96#post3855096

Edit: Someone with an iPad 3 contacted me, they may be brave enough to try. In theory iPad 4 *should* work, there's always the refund option.

ps. Promise to get more test devices if I make some $.

Last edited by AH_Phan; 06-01-2016 at 08:16 AM.
06-01-2016, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzhenjie1 View Post
The game is great, but the music always stop play after a few mintues until I left a planet...
Thanks!

I wanted the music to fade out, not to repeat often. Space... travel in the silent void... until interrupted by the sounds of combat.
06-01-2016, 08:19 AM
How does it play on iPhone 6?
06-01-2016, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heringer View Post
How does it play on iPhone 6?
I think the text would be too small to play well, along with other UI elements.