★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Bad Piggies [By Rovio Entertainment Ltd] US $0.99 > FREE

06-03-2016, 02:40 PM
Bad Piggies [By Rovio Entertainment Ltd] Switched to Free to Play Model

Last edited by new_ipodtouch5G_owner; 06-07-2016 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Not a price Drop after all
06-03-2016, 04:59 PM
The best Angry Birds-ish game.

06-06-2016, 09:17 AM
This is by far the best game by Rovio.

And now is ruined because of ads. So many ads. So many unnecessary ads. Because. Simply ads and more ads.

- Hey, do you know how can we ruin a perfectly fine paid game?
- Yes, let's make it "free to play" and make it full of ads!

Outrageous.
06-07-2016, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siannath View Post
This is by far the best game by Rovio.

And now is ruined because of ads. So many ads. So many unnecessary ads. Because. Simply ads and more ads.

- Hey, do you know how can we ruin a perfectly fine paid game?
- Yes, let's make it "free to play" and make it full of ads!

Outrageous.
I apologize Siannath, at the time of posting, I assumed that it was a price drop. I just read the front page article about the switch.
06-07-2016, 10:44 PM
Y'know how Swordigo was made FTP with ads a few weeks ago, but the developer made sure to disable all the ads and IAP for folks who originally paid for the game? Why can't EVERY developer do something like this? Why is this not a standardized policy on the app store?
06-08-2016, 11:26 AM
Well, there's the last time I have anything to do with Rovio ever again. I put $5 into this game, and I still love it. Until now.

Other, smarter developers have put features into place that disable ads for previously paying customers. Yet the people at Rovio can't manage this?

For shame. You'll get nothing more from me until you fix this mistake.
06-08-2016, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by modus_ataraxia View Post
Well, there's the last time I have anything to do with Rovio ever again. I put $5 into this game, and I still love it. Until now.

Other, smarter developers have put features into place that disable ads for previously paying customers. Yet the people at Rovio can't manage this?

For shame. You'll get nothing more from me until you fix this mistake.
As a developer, we would need to remember to implement this feature, if we go from Paid to Free to Play.