★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Soccer Wars, coming this Week!

06-06-2016, 07:46 AM
Soccer Wars, coming 8 June!

Hi everyone,

I wanted to make a 1 vs 1 soccer game which is fast paced and full of action with a little bit of a retro feeling. This game was inspired by some old school volleyball game called Pikaball.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Game features:
-Awesome ball physics
-Different game modes: Friendly Match, World/Euro/America Cup, Training, Two players
-Play both sides or let the computer play for you
-Play with or without fans
-Simulate matches
-Different team strengths
-and many more

The game is currently waiting for review and should be available this week.

Last edited by 8bitmfker; 06-06-2016 at 04:16 PM.
06-06-2016, 09:32 AM
Nice! I like this retro style!
But its game reminds me Head Soccer (available on App Store), without specials. Has this game some significant difference to Head Soccer?

Anyway, I like this kind of game and I will try it.
Congrats!

06-06-2016, 10:56 AM
Bivis: Head Soccer is the best known 1 vs 1 soccer game, I guess :]You will see that my game is a little bit different, physics is different, shots are more powerful, there's no power-ups. Whole game is faster. The rules are also different, I took them from the real training game I used to play when I was a soccer kid, basic difference is that you can't cross your half side. The game would be 0,99 but if you want I can send you a promo code when it's released.
06-06-2016, 03:21 PM
Looks really cool. Reminds me of Cat Pong: https://youtu.be/QmseZ_d_lKY

I'd love a promo code when you're ready to release. Do you need beta testers?
06-06-2016, 03:29 PM
ksr: I will send you a promo code. Soccer Wars is reviewed by Apple and ready to be released. I'm planning to release it on wednesday. Beta testing is done for now, but I will keep you in mind for the later updates. If people like the game I will add some features. I think that career mode would be cool.

Last edited by 8bitmfker; 06-06-2016 at 03:32 PM.
06-06-2016, 04:12 PM
Looks pretty cool... I love these types of same screen 2 player games

My screen name is misunderstood. I am not some arrogant person who thinks he's so cool. Cool, because I like cold weather and Pepper because I'm hot.

Game Center: BakedCracker
06-07-2016, 07:00 AM
After watching your game trailer i realise that the simplest art design are most of the time the more efficient one !! I really want to test and play this game !! This looks amazing !! Congratulation !! Keep me posted when the game will be released !
06-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitmfker View Post
Bivis: Head Soccer is the best known 1 vs 1 soccer game, I guess :]You will see that my game is a little bit different, physics is different, shots are more powerful, there's no power-ups. Whole game is faster. The rules are also different, I took them from the real training game I used to play when I was a soccer kid, basic difference is that you can't cross your half side. The game would be 0,99 but if you want I can send you a promo code when it's released.
Nice! Seems interesting.
I would love to play it.
06-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitmfker View Post
ksr: I will send you a promo code. Soccer Wars is reviewed by Apple and ready to be released. I'm planning to release it on wednesday. Beta testing is done for now, but I will keep you in mind for the later updates. If people like the game I will add some features. I think that career mode would be cool.
Awesome, thanks 8bitmfker! And yeah, happy to help beta test future updates. email: ksrtflight@gmail.com
06-08-2016, 01:54 AM