★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Adam Holmes
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 29.8 MB
  • Version: 1.1.5
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "Slow and steady wins the race?" That's for chumps!

Hurdle Turtle is back! For this turtle, it's all about pure speed and sweet spin jumps! Compete in the ultimate hurdle challenge in this survival marathon of madness!

Features include:

- Kratos, the God of War, makes his App Store debut!
- Remastered HD graphics!
- Master the hurdles with new touch-based controls and double jumps!
- Lots of new characters and returning fan favourites!
- Pick up coins on the track to unlock new tracks and characters!
- Tons of planned free updates with new characters, tracks and surprises including guest stars!*

* Current guest stars include Kratos (God of War) and Sgt. John Captain (Newgrounds.com)!

Boardumb's comments:

06-08-2016, 09:40 PM
Umm....copyright infringement like a mofo...

I'm pretty sure Sony did not allow this game to use frickin Kratos...🙄

06-08-2016, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylined87 View Post
Umm....copyright infringement like a mofo...

I'm pretty sure Sony did not allow this game to use frickin Kratos...🙄
According to their email, it's legit:

Quote:
Skipping the usual marketing fluff, here are the other key improvements/changes over the original app (I'll try to keep this brief):

- Officially licensed guest stars, including Kratos from God of War (in his debut appearance on the App Store) and Sgt. John Captain from Newgrounds.com, with more to come
- Updated HD graphics (same pixel style!)
- We did away with the virtual joystick and created a more touch-based control scheme with snap-to lanes and double jumps
- In-game coins to unlock characters and levels
- Lots of free planned updates to add more characters and levels, including the levels from all four original Xbox 360 games, as well as brand new ones.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
06-08-2016, 10:30 PM
Holmfry here from Holmade Games. Yup, I'm happy to say we did in fact have the honour of collaborating with the amazing team from Santa Monica Studio on this one, as well as the folks over at Newgrounds.com for their Sgt. John Captain character. There are more planned licensed characters on the way in future updates, too!

Check out the official God of War FB page's post here: https://www.facebook.com/godofwar/posts/981247118661589

Last edited by HolmadeGames; 06-08-2016 at 10:36 PM.
06-09-2016, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolmadeGames View Post
Holmfry here from Holmade Games. Yup, I'm happy to say we did in fact have the honour of collaborating with the amazing team from Santa Monica Studio on this one, as well as the folks over at Newgrounds.com for their Sgt. John Captain character. There are more planned licensed characters on the way in future updates, too!

Check out the official God of War FB page's post here: https://www.facebook.com/godofwar/posts/981247118661589
Well, I'll be damned! I will shut up now, lol. 😜

Sorry, there are just so many games that release on the App Store that do not have legitimate permission to do that. Glad to see that you guys do! That's pretty cool, I'll give your game a try. 😃
06-09-2016, 07:30 AM
Hey no worries! I completely get it - after all it is a very unusual team-up, happy Turtle and rage-filled god.

Enjoy!

Also on Android, see the TA thread here http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=289118

Last edited by HolmadeGames; 06-09-2016 at 07:53 AM.
06-10-2016, 03:52 PM
This is so frickin' awesome. I can't believe we have a legitimate Kratos in the game!

HolmadeGames, is this a permanent deal or just a...ummm..."timed event"?

86 people on the leaderboards? ARE YOU FRICKIN' KIDDING ME?!

Oh, and paying $3.99 to unlock everything and $1.99 to disable ads turns this into a completely premium experience doing away with EVERYTHING Free to Play related. Incredible.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
06-10-2016, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
This is so frickin' awesome. I can't believe we have a legitimate Kratos in the game!

HolmadeGames, is this a permanent deal or just a...ummm..."timed event"?

86 people on the leaderboards? ARE YOU FRICKIN' KIDDING ME?!

Oh, and paying $3.99 to unlock everything and $1.99 to disable ads turns this into a completely premium experience doing away with EVERYTHING Free to Play related. Incredible.
Right?? We're excited, too!!

No timed event here, Kratos is in it for the long haul! You know Kratos, once he has his mind set on something, he won't be swayed!

And yah, as to the IAP - we didn't want to pull the whole "buy a sack of coins" shenanigans; we figured if someone likes the game, they should be able to make it premium without jumping through hoops.

Thanks for the support!

Last edited by HolmadeGames; 06-10-2016 at 04:09 PM.
06-10-2016, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolmadeGames View Post
Right?? We're excited, too!!

No timed event here, Kratos is in it for the long haul! You know Kratos, once he has his mind set on something, he wont' be swayed!

And yah, as to the IAP - we didn't want to pull the whole "buy a sack of coins" shenanigans; we figured if someone likes the game, they should be able to make it premium without jumping through hoops.

Thanks for the support!
Epic! Hopefully you guys can persuade he who won't be swayed to frequent mobile a little more often.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
06-10-2016, 04:04 PM
We'll see what we can do, but we don't want to make him angry, lol