★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Noxus Ltd
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 49.5 MB
  • Version: 1.4.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (5)
App description: Epic Flail is a fast paced 2D brawler with a gladiator theme that mimics the action packed fighting scenes from Japanese anime. Epic Flail has the player trapped in the arena, fighting through different modes and defeating other arena legends and even the gods themselves.

Warning: This is a highly addictive game and you will spend hours challenging yourself and friends to see who be crowned the ultimate arena champion.

Visually beautiful graphics and amazing sound track
Adorable character to fight and brawl with
"Hack N Slash" game play - 2D anime
Unique levels with challenging bosses
Progressive increase in level difficulty
Game Center - Leaderboard & Achievements (High scores)
Optional InApp purchase if stuck on a level
New Controls - 3 Types of controls to choose from (Fixed, Float and Swipe)
Optimized for latest Apple iOS 10+ firmware with new device support

Reviews:
PocketGamer.co.uk - A recklessly entertaining action game that's the perfect fit for mobile (9/10 - PG GOLD AWARD)
KickMyGeek.com - Epic slice of fun action addictive desire to continue playing
RockPaperShotgun.com - Goodness it's a delicious little morsel of blood-drenched fun
App4Smart.com - The developers modestly call this a 2D brawler, but its really not like that at all. It's something more, something greater, something stronger
iPlayApps.de - Wild gladiator fights as a new premium AppStore hit success
AppGemeinde.de - Fun gameplay and challenging difficulty add an additional motivation for the Game Center connectivity to be able to compare with friends or the entire world

Follow us on Facebook & Twitter
www.facebook.com/noxuslimited
www.twitter.com/noxusltd

Do you have any comments, suggestions or found a bug?
We would love to hear from you, reach our support team: info@nox.us
06-09-2016, 01:33 AM
Wow, this looks cool! I think there was another game called epic flail released not too long ago though, but this is definitely nothing like that game.

06-09-2016, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylined87 View Post
Wow, this looks cool! I think there was another game called epic flail released not too long ago though, but this is definitely nothing like that game.
Yeah we know. Our game was in the works from 2014. We glad its finally released!

NOX.US - Creators of Heroes Curse - Miika - MATE - SpaceBeard Follow us on Facebook - Twitter - Instagram
06-09-2016, 07:34 AM
I purchased this last night and loaded it up. I didn't get a chance to play but it looks really good. The first time the game was loaded it froze but I launched it again and all is well. 1000 points for fellow achievement junkies 😉
06-09-2016, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyDJ76 View Post
I purchased this last night and loaded it up. I didn't get a chance to play but it looks really good. The first time the game was loaded it froze but I launched it again and all is well. 1000 points for fellow achievement junkies 😉
Great thanks so much for support!

NOX.US - Creators of Heroes Curse - Miika - MATE - SpaceBeard Follow us on Facebook - Twitter - Instagram
06-09-2016, 09:37 AM
I'm loving the art style in the screen shots. Waiting on some imps...
06-09-2016, 10:15 AM
Anyone have any video??
06-09-2016, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaymerX View Post
Anyone have any video??

06-09-2016, 11:09 AM
Definitely interested. Just want some impressions
06-09-2016, 12:10 PM
Overall, this is a pretty fun and well polished game. At first, I just kept getting killed, but once I got the hang of it, I had a lot of fun. The pixel graphics are top notch, it is very clear that a lot of love and time went into making it. So far I have been able to make it to stage 4, and it was not easy.

You control your gladiator with a joystick on the left side, and you attack with a button on the right side of the screen. You face an endless horde of opponents in each level until you die, with a specified number of kills in order to unlock the next level, and a number of kills to unlock a new piece of equipment. Your starting weapon is a sword, but after a killstreak you are awarded with a flail, which bashes through any opponent with ease. When using the sword, most attacks will be deflected by your opponents until you hit them at the right moment and kill them. Some opponents have armor, and you will need to hit them a few times to knock their armor off and expose a weak point.

Most of the time I am able to win by just frantically trying to attack as quick as possible, but that does not always work. I am still trying to work out a better strategy, but so far this is the only way I have been able to advance. You can also perform a sort of barrel roll in which you are invincible for a short moment.

So far I am just seeing 8 different arenas to fight in, but they are each very unique and fun to play. Hope to see more in an update sometime hopefully? Fingers crossed.

As I said before, this game has had a lot of effort put into it, and I can't wait to dig deeper into this little gem. I definitely recommend it you are on the fence.