★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** Price-Promotion For a short time only ***

++NOTE: Optimized for iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, iPad 3, 4, mini 2, mini 3, mini 4, Air, Air 2, Pro. Not compatible with iPhone 4s, iPad 2, iPad mini, iPod touch ++

This is definitely one of the best flight simulator games we have seen in a long time on the mobile platform. dnreviews.net

Take Off The Flight Simulator soars into the top 3 flight simulators for iOS. iplayapps.de

An all-round successful flight simulator that makes a great impression from the very start. Airplane fans will get their moneys worth. 8/10 appgefahren.de

A wonderful flight simulator with many different aircraft and landscapes that are a real graphical treat for the eyes. An absolute must for fans of the genre. 9.3 / 10 itopnews.de

Take Off The Flight Simulator offers exciting missions in an open world, several highly detailed planes, challenging weather conditions, astonishing views in a free flight mode and the possibility to create and manage your own airline. Everything wrapped in stunning and beautiful graphics! What are you waiting for? Start your pilot career now!

New military jetfighter and missions
Hawaiian Air Race aerobatic aircraft and missions
Fly 21 airplanes with realistic 3D cockpits
Explore and enjoy the beautiful open world of Hawaii in a free flight mode
44 exciting missions available from sightseeing to rescue operations
Fly to 21 famous airports around the world
Start your own airline and expand your fleet
Customize your planes with different paint jobs and upgrade your fleet for better performance and handling
Master difficult challenges like bad weather landings or engine failures

Start your career on the beautiful Hawaiian islands, and upgrade your pilot license to unlock new missions and fly new planes. Send your fleet to international airports in cities such as Los Angeles, New York, Sydney or London. Try out over a dozen realistic aircraft with 3D cockpits starting from light airplanes to gigantic jumbo jets that are just waiting to take to the sky! Fasten your seatbelt, extend the flaps and push the thrust lever to full throttle!

Mike.Jujubee's comments:

We are proud to announce that Take Off - The Flight Simulator is now out and you can grab your copy for as little as $2.99 (2.99 / 1.99). The game is available in the App Store (iOS) and on Google Play (Android)! You'll find the links below:

The game is packed with amazing features - you can fly 14 highly-detailed aircraft, complete dozens of exciting and diversified missions, run your own airline and more! Additionally the game includes 21 popular airports, including New York, Frankfurt and Dubai! The perfect choice for all flight simulation fans!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more Jujubee news!

06-09-2016, 06:25 AM
May I ask what the IAPs are for and how this plays? I mean, is it more of a traditional flight sim or is it an almost arcadey experience that anyone can pick up and play it? It's frickin' gorgeous!!!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

06-09-2016, 07:11 AM
We tried to bring both worlds together so you can control the flaps, ailerons, rudders, engines and stuff like that and you can also very easily program the autopilot (you just tap on the specific parameter, for example altitude, and you can set it with a slider). There are several control schemes to choose from. Nevertheless the game is very easy to play so even people who never had the chance to play flight simulation games shouldn't have any problem when they pick this one up.

As for the experience I would say some missions can be a bit arcadey (for example air races, similar to Red Bull Air Races), but it all depends on the mission. After you progress you also unlock the world map where you can run your own airline, send your planes to popular destinations, etc. and you can enter any of these planes when they get close to the airport to land manually or to take off. So it's a bit like 2 games in 1 .

As for IAP's - the game is a Premium title so there's no need to bother unless you want to get more Air Miles (which are useful in the manager mode) or want to unlock planes faster, but mainly we plan to release a few DLCs in the future with new missions and planes. Cheers!
06-09-2016, 07:22 AM
I feel terrible for asking you to go through the trouble of typing all of that up, when it was so easy for you to just go "Here, watch our dev diaries". Major, major respect. This is a crazy ambitious project and I suspect it will do very well.

Just before buying, you know that space is always an issue, so I just wanted to make sure...the app clocks in at just over a gig installed, right?

Again, thanks for the above explanation. It clarified a ton of stuff and I'm sure along with the dev diaries, any and everyone in this thread will be all set.

Oh and paid DLC that's not consumable? *thumbs up*

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
06-09-2016, 07:32 AM
No problem at all - it's our pleasure to share some info about the game and answer questions .

Yup, the game takes just above one gig - 1,1 GB to be exact . And yes, the DLCs won't be consumable and imo will be pretty exciting but it's too early to share what these will include exactly .

Good idea with dev diaries - will add them to the first post . Cheers!
06-09-2016, 07:52 AM
Fantastic. You've got yourself a sale, kind sir. Bought and downloading!

Sorry folks, if you're waiting for impressions, sadly this bad boy's gonna take 4 hours to finish.

06-09-2016, 08:15 AM
Great - thanks so much . And thanks in advance for your impressions after you download the game and play it a little bit .
06-09-2016, 08:58 AM
Pleasantly surprised this works on iPad 4, as nothing much else with graphics does. A remarkable achievement to get all the detail and handling working at a respectable frame rate. Landed on runway at second attempt.

Regarding camera views. For realism I prefer virtual cockpit, and the other views are great. It does take a while to cycle back though. It would be helpful to have a button that switches straight back to the cockpit view. (if there is one I haven't found it).
06-09-2016, 09:39 AM
Thanks for sharing your opinion .

Actually there is a magic button to get back directly to the cockpit . Just tap on the camera button and hold it for ~2 seconds. Hope this helps . Oh, and if you want to center the view just double tap the center of the screen. Cheers!

Last edited by Mike.Jujubee; 06-09-2016 at 09:41 AM.
06-09-2016, 10:51 AM
I'm flight sim crazy always buy them all unless they are bad news. This one is go for me and can't wait to play it. My two fav flight Sims on mobile so far are infinite flight and space simulator latter being my all time fav and it's so freaking awesome while also being super technical. This one is diff than those two but I think it's gonna be fun!