★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ***Featured in New Games We Love by Apple!***

Please note: This game requires iPhone 5 or better, iPad 4 or better, iPad mini 2 or betters, older devices are not supported.

"A wonderfully designed and highly enjoyable game to play." -TapSmart

"Quirky and challenging" - Mashable - Best apps of the week

"If you are the kind of person who loves a skill-based platformer and also enjoys learning about typography, then this is a match made in heaven." - 4,5/5 - AppAdvice

MAJUSCULA is a challenging plaftormer game based on the world of different typefaces. With each level cleared, you will unlock the typeface and get a few info about it (like who designed it and when)! Its a game where you can learn and play at the same time. It is a hard, but a rewarding game.

Featuring:

- 26 unique alphabetical levels
- real-time physics
- beautiful minimal graphics
- a rewarding learning experience
- easy to play, hard to master
- Game Center leaderboard

Soundtrack by Essa

https://soundcloud.com/essa-1

Information about the typefaces were used from Wikipedia.
07-17-2016, 03:57 PM
Anyone played this? Any good?

07-18-2016, 05:19 AM
It is great, hard at first, but you can get used to it fast. The atmosphere and the teaching part about typefaces is really nice I would recommend it to anyone who likes platformers!

Last edited by Gemini; 07-18-2016 at 06:00 AM.
07-23-2016, 01:21 AM
Thank you for the promo! Majuscula is a pretty good auto jumping platformer. The controls are simple left/right screen buttons. The levels are bite sized in the form of letters. I like the entire concept of the letter thing and the typeface info but I think it would have been cool to have your character have some typeface rather than a generic smiley face. The smiley face sort or ruins the aesthetics.

My screen name is misunderstood. I am not some arrogant person who thinks he's so cool. Cool, because I like cold weather and Pepper because I'm hot.

Game Center: BakedCracker
07-25-2016, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Thank you for the promo! Majuscula is a pretty good auto jumping platformer. The controls are simple left/right screen buttons. The levels are bite sized in the form of letters. I like the entire concept of the letter thing and the typeface info but I think it would have been cool to have your character have some typeface rather than a generic smiley face. The smiley face sort or ruins the aesthetics.
Thank you for the feedback! The character is like a resemblance to dots in words and text!
09-08-2016, 03:55 AM
Hey guys! MAJUSCULA is free for a day now ! : )
09-18-2016, 04:36 AM
Really enjoying this. Just wanted to point out a couple of what I feel are inconsistent design choices.
The levels are letters of the alphabet so really odd that the start of each level has a numerical value instead - the letter would make more sense.
White is the colour used for the hazards so I think it's odd that the end flag is also white, I would suggest green.
When you die (and you die often) you are forced to click the small retry icon, better to allow a simple screen tap anywhere on the screen, makes it more replayable.
The little eyes on the red ball are a bit underwhelming, might be nice if they blinked every now and then to add a bit of life / character