★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Get 'Em is an action packed, first of its kind, open world free-roaming video game! Play as superhero crime fighting dogs, on a mission to track down the city's most ruthless gangster, save their dognapped friend, and make the police K9 unit! This is not your typical game APP. Get 'Em is a full-fledged video game, made for mobile devices!

After Leila, a helpless Yorkie is dognapped, three best friends come together to find out what happened. You can start the game by picking one of 3 characters. Are you going to be Pump, the resilient Doberman, Bentley, the fierce Chihuahua, or Marley, the kind Beagle? As you accomplish more missions and get closer to tracking down the city's mob boss, you meet and unlock more dogs along the way! Not only can you play as many different dogs, but you can customize each dogs outfit, and enhance their powers!

You have never played a game like this before! Get 'Em is fully indie-made, and will feature many different styles of gameplay, which will definitely tailor to everyone. Have you ever wanted to be an animal, in a big city? Have you ever wanted the ability to play a 3D cartoon or comic book like a video game? If you like first person games, guitarhero-style games, third person games, infinite runner games, top-down games, and open world games, Get 'Em is for you! If you love challenging games, dogs, action, adventure, and crime fighting, Get 'Em is for you!

When I made this game, I wanted to create a game that all ages could play. Something that would be fun and cool for everyone. I wanted to eliminate blood and gore, heavy violence, and release something that was positive and up lifting. There are enough violent games out there. It was time for a new type of game that simply doesn't exist. However, this game does have very minimal cartoon/fantasy violence towards dogs and humans, but it's for a specific reason. I wanted to show and highlight what an actual crime-fighting K9 could endure. The game was never made with the intention to glamorize harming dogs as "cool" or "fun". The only intention of this game is to provide the world with something new, fun, and creative. I'm happy and proud to release this game to the world, and I hope you all will enjoy it! Your initial download will come with 8 out of the 10 levels of the game. I thank you in advance for your download, and I look forward to bringing you more amazing content soon!
06-15-2016, 08:29 PM
Avoid unless you like IAPs in your premium apps. Not just cosmetic either, I ran out of turbo in the first mission and was told to wait until it refills or visit the shop. I could speed up the timer which was still at 31 minutes when I found the shop, so I assume it is a 45 minute wait. Then I need bones, which you can get in game but of course I didnt have enough so it wanted to sell me some. Poor form of IAP in a 4 dollar title.

06-15-2016, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by guzzla View Post
Avoid unless you like IAPs in your premium apps. Not just cosmetic either, I ran out of turbo in the first mission and was told to wait until it refills or visit the shop. I could speed up the timer which was still at 31 minutes when I found the shop, so I assume it is a 45 minute wait. Then I need bones, which you can get in game but of course I didnt have enough so it wanted to sell me some. Poor form of IAP in a 4 dollar title.
That's disappointing. Looks like a cool game. Love the artwork. And $4 is the introductory price. :/
06-15-2016, 11:52 PM
@guzzla, I will say for the $4 price tag, I myself don't want IAP, but I've been playing the game the last few hours and you definitely don't need to buy anything. There are smaller missions around the city you could do that give you quick points. There is also free adds you can watch which gave me 600 points each time. I refilled my turbo meter within 5 minutes. Oh, and also, the time it shows is for a full refill. It fills up gradually every 5-10 minutes. Overall I'd have to say its the coolest game I've played in a long time! For an indie developer, they did amazing i think and most indies need all the money they can get so i have no problem supporting this game!

@appunwrapper, the IAP are not in your face at all. They are only in the shop. I'm on mission 6 now and so far I've bought 3 dogs and customized them, without spending any money on IAP. I would say try it for yourself, I think you would really like it!!
06-16-2016, 12:14 AM
Yeah you shouldnt have to watch ads to refill your energy in a premim game. Also, I will add that the side missions are not that great. I had one where I raced another dog, no challenge to it at all. Another one required me to tackle a grafiti artist, and two others required me to chase a purse snatcher. These "side missions" immediately respawn and seem to serve no purpose other than to farm bones to refill your energy for the main quests. They are neither challenging nor interesting and take about 30 seconds to do. Not sure about the campaign since I refuse to watch ads or farm bones to play it. The art style is nice and the controls are not bad, but I am already deleting it....GTA with dogs it is not, not even in the same universe.

Last edited by guzzla; 06-16-2016 at 12:17 AM.
06-16-2016, 12:34 AM
i think the side missions were pretty much put there to do what you said, which is too farm the bones to be able to refill faster. I don't mind it. The campaign itself is really fun. Once you get to mission 4, it turns into a cool first person burning warehouse mission. Also, from what the developer wrote, he plans on adding a lot more content with more funding. I think everyone needs to start somewhere, and for what this indie game is, i think its pretty cool. You also don't need to farm bones unless you want to buy the characters or accessories. the bones don't really effect the actual gameplay itself, unless you run out of turbo or life. After mission 3, you really don't even need turbo, unless your racing. I won't be deleting it since they are going to keep adding more content and stuff, but to each is own!
06-16-2016, 01:06 AM
Thank you for posting the info about an energy system in a $4 premium game. I liked the look of this too. But it's just going to have to be free for me personally to even bother.

Sadly this pay premium and then grind for energy crap is why I've spent the last year mostly buying indie games on Steam & Humble.
06-16-2016, 02:21 AM
i don't know how many of you are or know indie developers, but they don't make much money, so I'm sure they try by any means. People spend more money on burger king during the week than on a $4 game.

I say before you take someone else's opinion and slam a game, try it out for yourself. like you said, $4 isn't a fortune. I can also tell you first hand, I've been playing this game on and off throughout the day and I have yet to spend any money outside of the initial purchase. You don't need to pay to play, you don't need turbo after mission 1 actually (once you use the points you get to speed up your dog), you don't technically need to buy ANYTHING and can beat the missions. I'd say the stuff in the in app store is more for kids that feel the need to buy every dog, every accessory, and every power up. As a gamer, I can vouch for this game and say you will not need to spend more than the $4. Have a little patience, play the quick missions, watch an ad or two, and after mission 1, you'll be fine. Unless you suck and lose, then yes, you'll need to wait about 10 minutes for a bar of life to refill, but honestly, look at other games. FTP or games that are .99 that offer extremely priced IAP like $20-$100. This game doesn't do that. It's modestly priced and truthfully (you would think this is my game), i think its well worth its price.

but again, if you want to slam a game before actually trying it, so be it. i'm enjoying it and its different.
06-16-2016, 09:56 AM
I just got the game and I am already stuck. xD

Can anyone here please tell me how to get past the third main mission?
06-16-2016, 10:10 AM
A suggestion: If the game is really good (I haven't played and won't buy if the IAP is not redesigned), at the very least give us the option of a premium purchase IAP to get rid of ads + timers or make the game f2p with the current purchases.

In my humble opinion, it is not acceptable to charge $4 upfront plus IAPs that impairs the game experience (I wouldn't mind paying for extra content or optional cool content, though, if I really liked the game).