★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Radar Commander - Defend your Airspace

06-15-2016, 09:37 PM
Radar Commander - Defend your Airspace

Hi All !
I'm here to introduce a game we have been working on lately, current (not definitive) title is "Incoming Threats" and easiest way to describe it is "Missile Command" + Tower Defence + ATC game + something else.
Not sure why but i love radar screens and while experimenting various gameplay ideas this was born.
Quite happy of how it is coming, we plan to have a short campaign plus a "Survival" game mode in which the AI will progressively trow all it has at you.

There are currently 3 main weapons with very different characteristics :

1) CIWS > Close-In Weapon System is very efficient at short range and can easily shoot down incoming missiles. User has to orient it, but it fires automatically at enemy targets. (Red cone)

2) Long range missiles > user can orient them, select the targets and approve fire. (Can shoot friendly targets) (Blue cone)

3) Air Artillery > does area damage but is terribly slow. Once selected, double tap in its "cone" to fire. (Yellow cone)

Main gameplay is revolves around strategically orienting the weapons at your disposal and making fast decisions when needed.

A lot is still missing but we are making constant progress and should be able to have something close to a beta.

More info coming soon, but in the meantime, here is a fast gameplay video I just made for this great forum.

Can't wait to hear impressions, ideas and feedback !

UPDATE 3 : We have just released on TestFlight the first beta version of Radar Commander !
We still plan to add some additional testers so if interested email us at radar commander@frozenpepper.it

UPDATE 2 :
new gameplay video available (have updated main video in this post)

UPDATE 1 :
new gui !

Let us know if you prefer the new one or the old one.

Last edited by FrozenPepper; 07-07-2016 at 10:15 PM.
06-16-2016, 12:33 PM
We are also still looking for a decent title, so any ideas are more than welcomed !

06-17-2016, 03:57 AM
it looks very nice but a bit slow, is it normal ?
06-17-2016, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kripa1415` View Post
it looks very nice but a bit slow, is it normal ?
Thanks for the feedback ! Yes, definitely a bit too slow, we are working on pace and difficulty progression, hope to have a new video soon showing a more "intense" match.
Sound is also receiving some major works enhancing immensely immersion.

We will soon release a Test Flight beta, so if any one interested let me know.
06-22-2016, 02:05 PM
New GUI :

Please let us know if you prefer the new one or the (flatter) old one !

(also new video coming very soon)
06-22-2016, 03:48 PM
Hi,

I looked at everything. I looked at the video. I really like the concept. I like the gameplay elements. It looks like it can get pretty intense. Especially managing your weaponry as more enemies appear. I can't wait. It looks like a fun game! As to the UI. Comparing both I prefer the new one. The newer one is definitely better.

Let us know when you are ready for test flight. I'm definitely interested in helping test this one.

Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenPepper View Post
New GUI :

Please let us know if you prefer the new one or the (flatter) old one !

(also new video coming very soon)
06-23-2016, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
Hi,

I looked at everything. I looked at the video. I really like the concept. I like the gameplay elements. It looks like it can get pretty intense. Especially managing your weaponry as more enemies appear. I can't wait. It looks like a fun game! As to the UI. Comparing both I prefer the new one. The newer one is definitely better.

Let us know when you are ready for test flight. I'm definitely interested in helping test this one.

Billy
Great thanks for the feedback !
We hope to have a test flight version by the end of next week, maybe before, will post here as soon as available.

And here is new video of current state of the game :

We have also changed the name of the game to Radar Commander which we are liking more than Incoming Threat (open to suggestions )
06-23-2016, 06:10 PM
Radar Commander is good, and it's looking great overall!
I'd like to beta test as well when you're ready if you'll have me.
Personally I like the original all-black look without the metal gray console, but really either is awesome.
06-23-2016, 06:27 PM
Radar commander is great! I did like incoming threat though. To be honest I'm torn. Both are really great choices.

I look forward to next week! Are you going to have a sign up page?

Also how is the control scheme set up? Do you tap the weapon and then tap the threat? Is there a reload timer for each weapon type?

Billy
06-24-2016, 04:10 AM
I'm interested as well! I would go for the second ui (grey border one). It looks more 'realistic' in some sense. Adding effects like sparkles when you're hit really adds to the experience.