★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PlaySide
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 72.5 MB
  • Version: 2.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: "#1 Sports game in 5+ Countries"
"Top 5 in Sports globally"
"Featured Worldwide"

Welcome to the world of Tennis Bits! Brought to you be the creators of Bouncy Bits, and Fishy Bits!

Have your ever wanted to know who would win between a Jellyfish and a Polar Bear?? Well now you can find out!!

Swing your racket, and put on your cheese hat! Climb to the top of the ladder and become the Ultimate Tennis Bits Champion in this awesome Arcade Tennis Experience!

Earn coins to unlock a wide range of Characters, Rackets, and Hats to increase your power and rise to the top!

- 45+ Characters to choose from!
- 1000s of sweet Hat and Racket combinations!
- Challenge mode and an Endless experience keep you going forever and ever and ever!
- Loads of sweet environments, from stadiums to lava pits!
- Supports 13 languages!
- Awesome VO and SFX for every character!

Tennis Bits is completely free to play. However, some items can be purchased for real money. If you don't want to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your devices settings.

Tennis Bits was developed by PlaySide, the developers behind Editors' Choice title "Catch The Ark", Spongebob : Sponge on the Run and more.

Let us know what you would love to see in our next update at : www.playsidestudios.com

No wombats were harmed in the making of this game..

touchy85's comments:

Tennis Bits

PlaySide
Genres: Games Arcade Sports
Free

Quote:
Welcome to the world of Tennis Bits! Brought to you be the creators of Bouncy Bits, and Fishy Bits!

Have your ever wanted to know who would win between a Jellyfish and a Polar Bear?? Well now you can find out!!

Swing your racket, and put on your cheese hat! Climb to the top of the ladder and become the Ultimate Tennis Bits Champion in this awesome Arcade Tennis Experience!

Earn coins to unlock a wide range of Characters, Rackets, and Hats to increase your power and rise to the top!

- 45+ Characters to choose from!
- 1000’s of sweet Hat and Racket combinations!
- Challenge mode and an Endless experience keep you going forever and ever and ever!
- Loads of sweet environments, from stadiums to lava pits!
- Supports 13 languages!
- Awesome VO and SFX for every character!

Tennis Bits is completely free to play. However, some items can be purchased for real money. If you don't want to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your devices settings.

Tennis Bits was developed by PlaySide, the developers behind Editors' Choice title "Catch The Ark", Spongebob : Sponge on the Run and more.

Let us know what you would love to see in our next update at : www.playsidestudios.com

No wombats were harmed in the making of this game…..

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 90.4MB

06-22-2016, 12:55 PM

I'm having a lot of fun. The gameplay is super arcady, easy to pickup. There's an amazing amount of polish, with lots of detail on the tennisplayers and tenniscourts and there's a nice progress system. I'm not really sure how long the arcade gameplay is going to stay interesting, there's only a limited amount of moves to beat the opponent.

06-22-2016, 12:55 PM
Looks better than most tennis games . Way better. Downloading
06-22-2016, 01:06 PM
Got to say I wish there were 2 separate buttons for aiming and running. It happens too often that I think I'm aiming and the target is even on the field and then my player starts running and I miss the ball.
06-22-2016, 01:08 PM
It's funny, but if you are a veteran of tennis video games you'll find it a bit(s) basic.
06-22-2016, 08:10 PM
Well I think it is a aimed at a younger audience. The gameplay basically never changes. All you "unlock" is kind of experience so you can play against other (not necessarily better) AI opponents. That's it. Everything else is cosmetic.

Cheapest in app to disable regular ads is for 5€ which is too much for me, even with some coins on top.

First impressions were really good, I liked it, but after about 20 minutes it seems like there is so much missing here and it had great potential with a little bit of a more complex and refined (see touchy 's issue) controls. Bummer. Would not recommend.
06-25-2016, 06:24 PM
I LOVE this game.. btw, When you beat the Training Grounds in story mode, a 24 hr iap pop-ups to let you get you a Rare Character, and Removes Ads, cost is $2.99. Fantastic Game.

Last edited by JohnnyClash; 06-25-2016 at 06:26 PM.