★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Reiner Knizia's Roto Will be out Nov 2nd

10-12-2009, 02:55 AM
Reiner Knizia's Roto Will be out Nov 2nd

Youtube link | Pop Up

\

Here is the press release:

Hydrix is proud to present Roto, a new and original solitaire game for iPhone and iPod Touch.

Roto is a challenging and addictive game developed by Dr. Reiner Knizia.

Dr Knizia is best known for his critically acclaimed and hugely popular board games, however Roto was designed from the ground up for the iPhone.

The rules are simple so anyone can play but mastering all the challenges and plan ahead to use the best possible combinations is harder than it may seem.

A new game, a new challenge, it's never the same.

Watch Dr. Knizia on YouTube talking about this new game

Youtube link | Pop Up

The game can be used whenever you feel like playing or passing time, you can pause and resume whenever it suits.
Disclaimer: once hooked, people have reported games lasting well over 40 minutes

Features:
* 3 gameplay: Puzzle, Arcade and Action
* Statistical analysis of your last game
* Pause and Resume
* Global scoring system, compare your results with all other iPhone players
* Color-blind mode

Language Support:
* English, French, German

System Requirements:
* Roto requires an iPhone or iPod Touch with OS 2.0 or later

Pricing and Availability:
Roto was submitted to the Apple store with a tentative release date of October 14th, 2009.
The application will be available worldwide exclusively through the Apple's App store for US$2.99

Visit Roto's facebook user and support group:
http://tinyurl.com/y8uzs65

What some early players have to say:

Karen E. "I canít wait to play it (it is so addictive!!!!)."

Francois A. "I've lost, I can't do anymore"

Reiner K. "I have played the game for about 5 hours. I like all three play modes!"

Gerald S.: "A revolution in match-3 games!"
10-12-2009, 03:06 AM
Hmm, I do love my Reiner Knizia games but I have to say that of all the ports being brought to the iPhone (both currently available and soon to be released) this just doesn't catch my attention like the others do =\

I have no doubt I'll end up picking it up but i'll probably wait until I hear impressions first

10-12-2009, 04:29 AM
I like it, and I will buy it. Thanks for the heads up
10-12-2009, 04:38 AM
Thanks mrbass for starting this thread, much appreciated!

I'm the main programmer on this game. I hope you will like it!

Hopefully it should be available in the next few days! Though you can already ask anything, I'll try and answer what I can...
10-12-2009, 08:44 AM
This looks like something that is going to be crazy-addictive. Looking forward to it.
10-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Delay...

Just a quick update:

Unfortunately, Apple has just rejected the game on a technicality. We have fixed the issue and have re-submitted the app, hopefully it will be quicker to go through the re-approval system...

I will post again as soon as the app is available. Sorry for the delay, if you were waiting for this game!
10-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Glad it was a quick fix otherwise it'd probably be in for the long haul waiting game that is.
10-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Gosh dang, Reiner Knizia, must be in love with the iPhone since he's not just commissioning folk to port his card/board games over to the iPhone but working with independent developers to create all new games!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Seems to be a fruitful season for Knizia games on the iPhone/iPod. Roto and Monumental will be instant buys for me Thanks guys for keeping us up-to-date!

Now playing: Unworded, Aurora Puzzle Adventure, Steamworld Heist, PinOut!, Sproggiwood, Colorcube, kubic, Mekorama, Open Bar!
Waiting for: Any Star Realms expansion, Nyheim, Onirim
10-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstractgamefreak View Post
Seems to be a fruitful season for Knizia games on the iPhone/iPod. Roto and Monumental will be instant buys for me Thanks guys for keeping us up-to-date!
What an excellent handle there, AGF! If abstract games strategy games are what you're all about Reiner Knizia is your main man!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews