★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Hyper Sentinel from Andrew Hewson

06-28-2016, 03:53 PM
Hyper Sentinel from Andrew Hewson

Just 4 gets you...
-Mobile game (universal app) for iOS and Apple TV

10 gets you....
- Mobile game (released later this year)
- MP3 Album with 10 incredible remixes of classic game soundtracks
- Complete eBook of the history of Hewson as a pioneer of the early gaming scene, including exclusive commentary from the likes of Steve Turner and the founders of D.I.C.E (Battlefield)
- 17 pieces of amazing 3D render artwork in 4K digital
- Your name in the credits of the game

...and will go towards helping us add even more features and extras into the game....

Back us now and claim your rewards:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...hyper-sentinel

Hi, it's been a little while since I was able to update the progress on Hyper Sentinel. Sorry about the information blackout.

For those old enough to remember Andrew Hewson's company produced some of the finest games on the planet for ZX Spectrum, Commodore and Amstrad in the 1980s. Hits include Paradroid, Uridium, Avalon, Ranarama, Cybernoid, Nebulus (Tower Toppler)... the list goes on. He also discovered the programmers now known as DICE.

So it is with very great pleasure that I can announce that Hyper Sentinel is now being published by Andrew Hewson. We've been working very closely together for the last 6 months to make Hyper Sentinel the very best game we can for you guys.

I can also announce that Hyper Sentinel is now coming to iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.

Keep an eye here in the coming days where I can share with you the latest gameplay video.

We would like to add some extra features, extra soundtracks (by Fractures) as well as bring the game to other platforms. To do this we are running a new Kickstarter this Friday, with loads of goodies!

Take a hop over to Hyper Sentinel to sign up for early alerts!

Keep checking back here this week for more.....

Four5Six Pixel
Makers of Hyper Sentinel by Andrew Hewson
@four5sixpixel
@hewsonjoystick

Last edited by four5six.pixel; 07-10-2016 at 10:10 AM.
06-28-2016, 04:00 PM
TL;DR
Hyper Sentinel is now being published by legendary industry veteran Andrew Hewson (Paradroid, Uridium, Ranarama, Cybernoid..)

The game is coming on iPhone, iPad and Apple TV and has the following features:

Super fast arcade action
Fractures soundtrack
Unique levels and multi-stage boss fights
3 control methods (Relative, Virtual Stick, Absolute)
MFI support
GameCenter
iCloud sync between all devices (and Apple TV)
Inline Video Recording - record your gameplay and upload directly to YouTube
Twitter/Facebook screenshot posts
Unique 2Cents system allowing direct feedback to the developers.

Join our kickstarter to support our final development (as well as conversion to PC etc) and get access to a DEMO of the full game including 3 levels and 15 medals to collect!

Hyper Sentinel

Four5Six Pixel
@four5sixpixel
@hewsonjoystick

06-29-2016, 01:08 PM
Gameplay video of the iOS version

Gameplay for everyone.... (linked to Opening Post too)

Four5Six Pixel
@four5sixpixel
@hewsonjoystick
06-30-2016, 02:46 PM
Hi TA awesome game playing people!

Just a quick heads up that our kickstarter starts tomorrow!
http://www.hypersentinel.com

We really want to bring you the very best game on iOS and Apple TV.... we've already got a game full of features (as above) but we want to add even more music and cool stuff from Fractures, also extra playable ships, levels, even more polish etc We've already got tons of positive press but we need even more to make this game Super Super Awesome!

Huge thank you in advance, your contributing so that this Indie Dev can make even more games for you guys too (no adds, no IAP - just a full game like it used to be!!)

TA is the best!

Four5Six Pixel
@four5sixpixel
@hewsonjoystick
07-01-2016, 03:01 AM
Wow.. I've grown up playing Paradroid, Nebulus and.. obviously Uridium, which Hyper Sentinel really reminds me of
Best of luck for the success of this project!
07-01-2016, 03:10 AM
This game looks awesome!!! How much is it going to cost?

My screen name is misunderstood. I am not some arrogant person who thinks he's so cool. Cool, because I like cold weather and Pepper because I'm hot.

Game Center: BakedCracker
07-01-2016, 03:38 AM
I just kickstarted you with 15, which makes it my most expensive game ever. Good luck and looking forward to a working demo.

My 2016 GOTY contenders...
Lost in Harmony, Lost Socks, NO THING, Loop Mania, Bullet Hell Monday, Dan the Man, RunGunJumpGun
07-01-2016, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Pirate Cat View Post
Wow.. I've grown up playing Paradroid, Nebulus and.. obviously Uridium, which Hyper Sentinel really reminds me of
Best of luck for the success of this project!
Thanks Space Pirate Cat!

It's inspired by lots of games, Uridium was (still is) a cracking game. We've made this one a little more accessible, it has 3 difficulty settings including a special Retrogamer mode.

Four5Six Pixel
@four5sixpixel
@hewsonjoystick
07-01-2016, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
This game looks awesome!!! How much is it going to cost?
Thanks you so much for the kind words

We haven't decided a price just yet, but it will be affordable with no ads or extra purchases. It will also be a universal app across iPhone, iPad and AppleTV with cloud game saves between the 3.

Four5Six Pixel
@four5sixpixel
@hewsonjoystick
07-01-2016, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
I just kickstarted you with 15, which makes it my most expensive game ever. Good luck and looking forward to a working demo.
What can I say my friend. Absolutely thank you very much!!

I'll be onto sorting it out for you!

Four5Six Pixel
@four5sixpixel
@hewsonjoystick