★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The game mixes realism and surrealism to create a story that can cause just as much laughter as fear. A- - Just Adventure

Has its moments of laughter and sheer horror to excite any avid gamer who loves a good narrative. 9/10 - BagoGames

A serial killer is terrorizing the streets of Victorian London, and private investigator Sydney Emerson has hit a new low between finding lost dogs and receiving alleyway beatings. A turn of events sees Sydney forgoing his selfish nature and thrusting himself into perilous and increasingly surreal situations, treading a fine line between dreams and reality.

Explore the foggy streets of Victorian London in all its decadence and depravity, searching the slums, taverns, brothels and even Sydneys abstract dreamscapes for clues, while meeting a host of interesting, insane and eccentrically British characters along the way.

Features

A noir adventure laced with adult themes and dark humour.
A faithful recreation of Victorian London, from decadence to depravity.
Classic point and click gameplay in the vein of the LucasArts games of yore.
Explore Sydneys surreal dream-world for clues.
Follow the trail of a killer, or drown your sorrows at the pub.
Original soundtrack blends film noir and traditional Victorian instruments.

***WARNING: THE SLAUGHTER REQUIRES A MINIMUM OF 1GB RAM AND IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH IPAD 1, IPAD 2, IPAD MINI 1, IPHONE 4 (& OLDER IPHONES) OR IPOD TOUCH 4TH GEN (& OLDER IPODS)***

Boardumb's comments:

06-29-2016, 12:40 PM
Bought but won't be able to report till tomorrow. Looks ace though

06-29-2016, 02:39 PM
Buying this
06-29-2016, 05:05 PM
I simply cannot recommend this enough. While the port gets the job done, it's the actual game that is just beyond fantastic. Everything from the delectable writing (Alex really should be playing with the big boys [Schafer, Gilbert] already) to the pixel art, to the absolutely killer atmosphere...guys, if you're remotely into classic Point and Click adventures, throw Mr. Francois your precious money and start gushing for Acts Two and Three to come out.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
06-29-2016, 07:14 PM
Oh man just tried to purchase but dont want to upgrade to ios9! Just put 60 hours into monster hunter so i just cant justify this,mshame as looks awesome 😞😞😞
06-30-2016, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexythimia23 View Post
Oh man just tried to purchase but dont want to upgrade to ios9! Just put 60 hours into monster hunter so i just cant justify this,mshame as looks awesome 😞😞😞
Yup. I'm in the same boat. I'd pick it up if it was iOS 8 compatible. But I'm not ready to give up Monster Hunter. If the fix ever comes, then I'll have one more game to pick up I guess.
06-30-2016, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I simply cannot recommend this enough. While the port gets the job done, it's the actual game that is just beyond fantastic. Everything from the delectable writing (Alex really should be playing with the big boys [Schafer, Gilbert] already) to the pixel art, to the absolutely killer atmosphere...guys, if you're remotely into classic Point and Click adventures, throw Mr. Francois your precious money and start gushing for Acts Two and Three to come out.
After that preview video and your rec I'm buying it. Looks far to mysterious and compelling not to dig in. Surely a cult classic in the making.
06-30-2016, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexythimia23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
Yup. I'm in the same boat. I'd pick it up if it was iOS 8 compatible. But I'm not ready to give up Monster Hunter. If the fix ever comes, then I'll have one more game to pick up I guess.
I am in the same boat, with iOS 8.4, but look: MHFU update is due in 10 days! Might put The Slaughter right next to Chrono Trigger on my iOS 9 wishlist when that day comes. Oh, and possibly Lumino City and Fallen London.

Back to this game's thread, though, this looks great. Anything that takes me back to 1990s P&Cs is a winner.
06-30-2016, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangutanKungfu View Post
I am in the same boat, with iOS 8.4, but look: MHFU update is due in 10 days! Might put The Slaughter right next to Chrono Trigger on my iOS 9 wishlist when that day comes. Oh, and possibly Lumino City and Fallen London.

Back to this game's thread, though, this looks great. Anything that takes me back to 1990s P&Cs is a winner.
What?! How do u know that?! So is it finally happening?
But to be honest i have a huge colection of games i have not yet played which was another reason i scared to upgrade 😟
06-30-2016, 06:17 PM
I have one iPad with ios 9 and the other two ios 8.would like to support but I hate buying part 1 of a game that may never be completed with more parts I've been burned to many times.ive waited a year for some and still no updates like Bertram Fiddle will be a year on July 20th and still no part two.its like watching a tv cliffhanger and never seeing the conclusion.sucks

Last edited by scifistephen; 06-30-2016 at 06:25 PM.