★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: DotEmu
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 37.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: NEOGEOs legendary golf game is back, in a brand-new mobile version with touch controls!

NEO TURF MASTERS (also known as BIG TOURNAMENT GOLF in Japan) is an arcade classic that touched an entire generation.

Competing as one of six international golfers on different courses worldwide, players choose their club, analyze the wind direction, and find the best path to finishing each hole in as few shots as possible.

Specially-adapted for iOS mobile devices, this new version offers numerous new features while honoring the games original spirit:

A new touch-friendly interface
Completely redesigned touch-friendly gameplay
Local turn-based multiplayer
Choose between six golfers with different characteristics
Compete across the world: show off your skills from venues in the U.S. to Japan, with stopovers in Germany and Australia
Engage in stroke play or match play
Gamepad support
Leaderboards: challenge your friends!
Achievements
Newly added save system
No ads, no in-app purchases. Enjoy the full premium content!
No internet connection needed to enjoy the game once installed

With a relaxing soundtrack, variable difficulty, and easy-to-learn mechanics, NEO TURF MASTERS is a game that brings big-time pleasure to die-hard golf fans and casual players alike.

Get it today and bring one of the best golf games of all-time to your mobile and tablet!
06-29-2016, 05:43 PM
If you're doing Neo Geo games, I put my vote in for Last Resort, Magician Lord, and Nam 1975. Or the AMAZING Card Fighter's Clash.

06-29-2016, 05:45 PM
Shock Troopers 1 & 2, Windjammers.
I'm really happy with Neo Turf Masters, though.
06-29-2016, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atchoo View Post
Windjammers
This x1000000.

Also, DotEmu...you guys never fail to impress, but this is something else. The game doesn't feel like it's aged a single frickin' day thanks to the perfect touch controls. Wow!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
06-29-2016, 06:13 PM
Nice, another classic from Dotemu, come to me, my timed button pushing friend!
06-29-2016, 09:11 PM
So happy to see this one hook and slice right onto the AppStore! Thank you Dotemu for the GameCenter integration.
06-30-2016, 01:29 AM
Awesome. Love anything NeoGeo, especially shooters and platformers. Magician Lord, Spinmaster, Top Hunter, Eightman etc. would be awesome as well if they made they're way to iOS...
06-30-2016, 01:35 AM
06-30-2016, 03:02 AM
ON THE GREEN!

Been waiting for this since I heard it was announced.

Fantastic game fantastic port/adaptation to touch screen.
You can now take this classic anywhere!
Thanks DotEmu for one of the best arcade golf games ever.

This is worth full price but if it goes down to 79p one day you have an absolute bargain - don't hesitate at any price point.

Some notes:
Filtering off is better looking to me.
Dip switch menu in a future update? Not sure if it's needed.
Save system seems absent in solo play modes? How is it accessed?

Last edited by master333; 06-30-2016 at 03:17 AM.
06-30-2016, 04:15 AM
This is ace, brings back so many memories.... Only thing is you don't seem to be able to save mid game (unless I'm missing something) which is slightly annoying.