★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Stranded is an adventure game exclusive for iOS.

Communicate in real time on your iPhone to guide Sam across the desert, outrun the cops, and make it to the border. Death or freedom: where will your advice lead?

Stranded is a branching, interactive story driven by your choices. Follow along as new notifications update you during Sams journey, or check in again later to keep playing!

Deep in debt to a crime lord and on the run after a heist gone wrong, Sam has no one to turn to for help except you.

Help Sam survive the desert.
Discover different outcomes based on your choices.
Collect all sixteen achievements.
Replay and explore alternate story paths.
Immersive musical score and illustrations.
Internet connection not required.
No in-app purchases and no ads.
Written by award-winning author Chandler Groover.

Stranded is a TrueStory game.

pavelparatov's comments:

Press Release

​About the author
Stranded is TrueStory game written by Chandler Groover, an XYZZY-award-winning interactive fiction author.

His work has appeared in sub-Q Magazine and been featured at the Hand Eye Societys WordPlay festival. His mystery game Tobys Nose received both Audience and Alumnis Choice Ribbons for Spring Thing 2015. He writes games to tell stories that expand traditional fictions boundaries.

About TrueStory
TrueStory is a small software studio inspired by storytelling and focused on building interactive fiction games.

07-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Interested. Love me some IF. Waiting for imps.

07-02-2016, 02:34 PM
Stranded Trailer

07-03-2016, 06:35 PM
Hey there Dankrio! The team is happy you showed some interest, we love IF ourselves ;D

Last edited by pavelparatov; 07-04-2016 at 08:42 AM.
07-03-2016, 07:59 PM
Wow got the game and I've got to say I'm really enjoying this one.
Unique situation you have to help with over communication .
Fans of lifeline are going to want to jump on this one for sure.
I've already become attached to the character and the communication paints a picture perfect for me of the situation. I feel like I'm there with him.
Excited to recieve the notifications on my
Phone. I've only
Been playing today but if you liked lifeline games then really your going to enjoy this because it's a whole different setting and adventure. This isn't made by the same people but it is that unique genre that hasn't been overdone in my opinion.
07-03-2016, 09:22 PM
Hello Jayg2015! Thank you for your thoughts! I'd love to know your impressions when you get to the Day 2 ;D And cheers to all Lifeline fans celebrating our passion for interactive fiction. You review is the first one — many thanks from TrueStory team.
07-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
Wow got the game and I've got to say I'm really enjoying this one.
Unique situation you have to help with over communication .
Fans of lifeline are going to want to jump on this one for sure.
I've already become attached to the character and the communication paints a picture perfect for me of the situation. I feel like I'm there with him.
Excited to recieve the notifications on my
Phone. I've only
Been playing today but if you liked lifeline games then really your going to enjoy this because it's a whole different setting and adventure. This isn't made by the same people but it is that unique genre that hasn't been overdone in my opinion.
Good to hear that.

pavelparatov, I might hit the purchase button soon.
07-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Hey Dankrio, I'm sure you'll like it. Your comment made everyone excited here in our small office ;D
07-04-2016, 07:02 PM
Still playing and very excited for the story. A lot has happened now . Also has cool text and when major
Decisions are made and then cool graphics of the event are placed on the screen like the one I'm posting for example.
Really fantastic idea for the game. I feel like the bandit is someone I know for how well the story is written.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	104790  
07-05-2016, 01:44 PM
Hey Jayg2015! Thank you for your kind words. There are 16 special artworks hidden throughtout the game, and its a great fun to discover different branches of the story to find all of them