Are you guys mobile gamers?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Desertking24, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Do you guys have a lot of games on your device? What games do you guys have on there?

2. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    This is a mobile gaming site. I'm sure pretty much everyone here is a mobile gamer with loads of games on their devices.

3. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    +1

Also, LOL.

4. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    299 games registered on gamecenter. I love mobile. Plenty of good and great games coming always.

Best platform ever for me, despite Apple manegement.

5. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Same here, best gaming ever, I have only two games on my device, but every week new ones.

6. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Yes agree with this

7. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    My name is Coldar.... and yes....I'am....a mobile gamer. :cool:
    But I do remember it wouldn't have been so boldly announced say about 10 years ago or more. I sensed a sort of stigma with some people when playing in public (or even at home). But with the widespread use of mobile devices so is the gaming market. Now it's pretty much an acceptable norm to play games in public. How times have changed.
    And to answer the op, I've got tons of games on an iPod Touch/iPad with a wide variety of games.

8. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    2477 games currently registred at Game Center, so hum... A definite maybe!
    :D

Absolutely love the ability to have a huge collection of games with me.
    If iOS had a sandbox mode where you could run older OS's I would be in heaven, that's my major gripe with this system.

9. james.miller

james.miller Active Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Dropout!
    Ohio
    +1 ..

OP : did you mean to start a poll to find out for some of your game research ?

10. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    I meant it as a poll....

11. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    This.
    +1 for that!
    Like, duhhhh,,,, #

12. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    No I'm a tiddlywinks and yoyos fan.

13. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Yes, i am a mobile gamer Yo! I have alot of Shmups and Bullet Heavens, Side Scrolling Action Platformers, 2D Fighting, Endless Runners & Action RPGs

14. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    #14 Valentia, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    What's a mobile game?

:)

(Yes. Loads. Many genres--puzzlers, gamebooks, roguelikes and RPGs preferred. Oh, and point-&-clicks. And strategy board games. Word games. Any combo of the above. Yeah, I dig mobile gaming.) :)

15. Hedron Engineer

Hedron Engineer Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    I'm actually not a MOBILE gamer. I have enjoyed video games for pretty much all my life. Between job, wife, 2 kids and social life, I simply often don't have the time anymore for lengthy gaming sessions. The computer in my pocket boots up in seconds and most games are structured to be enjoyed in minutes.

I would LOVE playing a new Zelda adventure. But since you can't save halfway through a dungeon, and it can take 30-60 min to traverse one, even if you do know where you're going, this pretty much eliminates any chance I have of finishing it...

16. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Well-hardly any reason to register for the forums if I didn't...

17. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Yeah, I have quite a bit of them (2 pages and a half of games ranging from Deus Ex and Oddworld to Kleptocats and various pinball games), I'd say that due to the lack of spare time lately I've been playing more games for considerably less time overall.
    Yes, I'd call myself a mobile gamer

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Mobile gamer through and through. I'll dip in and out of console and PC gaming every once in a while, but I don't bother for the most part. Playdead's incredible INSIDE (which I sincerely hope makes it to mobile one day) was reason enough for me to fire up Steam, but otherwise I'm more than happy just unlocking my phone's screen and getting down to business.

19. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Same here, but the game that got me onto steam was The Witness by Jonathan Blow.
    I'm really lazy with organizing my games so I often go over the max of 15 pages of apps. I have more games than I'll probably ever manage to finish. But, I keep getting more :) There are mobile games as good as PC games, many, in fact. And given that's it's more convenient, mobile gaming is basically all the gaming I do these days.

20. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Playing today I realize once more how much ai love mobile game. The feeling of intimacy is unmatched, in my point of view. Also, you have a large spectrum of games to play, which might fit anyone's taste (unless if FPS. Lol).

The mix between simple and complex is awesome! Only tapping one might have so much fun, on games like Jetpack Joyride, Crossy Road... And it all fits your pocket.