★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Zombie Karts

10-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Zombie Karts

I just uploaded (last night) my next game to the app store: Zombie Karts. It's a retro-style kart game, modeled graphically and play-wise after Super Mario Kart for the SNES.

It comes with Grand Prix, Time Trial, and Free Play modes. Touch or tilt steering. Nine tracks. Four karts. Five powerups. 99 cents with future updates / content coming.

I'll try to get a video up soon. Runs on all iDevices... It's very smooth on an iPod Touch 2G.

Last edited by xenoclone; 10-12-2009 at 04:11 PM.
10-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
looks interesting.

You might have a hard time with all the kart games in the appstore recently. Good luck! I hope your game succeeds.

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat

10-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Added to my list. I have Crash Kart, Shrek Kart, Cro-Mag, and Cocoto, and I really want Krazy Kart and after that I really want this. Looks nice. I'll need to see how the controls are. Simple, like Raging Thunder, but nice.

Last edited by ripofra; 10-12-2009 at 04:21 PM.
10-12-2009, 04:18 PM
I quite like the look of your game, it certainly looks more interesting than Shrek _. I'll buy it when its out, Helps out the little man
10-12-2009, 06:20 PM
future purchase cant pass it up at the set price

Username for GameCenter, Plus+, OpenFeint, Crystal, Agon, and others: xFinch713x
Xbox Live: ISMFOFinch
10-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Send a message via MSN to spidey146 Send a message via Yahoo to spidey146
i have cocoto which is my mario kart wii, now im gonna have this, my mario kart 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.
10-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Looks decent and I will probably pick it up since I love kart racers but from the screen shots there seems to be little to no obstacles and path seems a bit to linear or I am I wrong

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
10-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Quote:
You might have a hard time with all the kart games in the appstore recently. Good luck! I hope your game succeeds.
Ya, who would have thought over the brief period of development for this game that TWO other kart games would show up? I knew about Shrek but Cocoto was an unpleasant surprise at that price point.

Quote:
there seems to be little to no obstacles and path seems a bit to linear or I am I wrong
Bad screenshots on my part. It's hard to dodge and hit "print screen," so it's during the easy stretches that I took pictures. Overall, there are some tracks that are fairly clear and easy, and some that have lots of obstacles. I skewed more tracks toward easy (maybe 5 "easy" and 4 "hard"). But I figure if any particular track doesn't play right, an update is simple enough to provide. Plus, I plan on adding some new tracks that I will use to balance overall player tastes... I hope.

Thanks for positive comments!
10-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenoclone View Post

Bad screenshots on my part. It's hard to dodge and hit "print screen," so it's during the easy stretches that I took pictures. Overall, there are some tracks that are fairly clear and easy, and some that have lots of obstacles. I skewed more tracks toward easy (maybe 5 "easy" and 4 "hard"). But I figure if any particular track doesn't play right, an update is simple enough to provide. Plus, I plan on adding some new tracks that I will use to balance overall player tastes... I hope.

Thanks for positive comments!
Thanks for the reply, would love to see updated screenshots when possible

skyye

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
10-14-2009, 01:16 PM
I'll do better than that, skyye. I plan to start putting together the promo video for it tonight.