★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Guitar Rock Tour-User experience?

12-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
Guitar Rock Tour-User experience?

I plan to getting it during Christmas Sale ($5.99 instead of $7.99) but I do have some problem. I'm using non-jailbroken iPod Touch 32GB 2nd generation.

1. Will the game crashes? Often?
2. I'm not really a fan of rock band and I hardly have any rock albums in my music library. So will I regret for buying it considering many songs are unknown to me?
3. Is the game play like beatMania / DJMax Portable whereby each note you tap will emit a certain tune?

I've tried Tap Tap Revenge and I really like it except the slightly lagging of the game (when changing scene).
12-25-2008, 09:41 AM
1) The game is stable and has never crashed on me.

2) Every song is well known and even if you are not familiar with rock/alternative music, it should all be very listenable.

3) Gameplay is like this: The song/music is playing, you tap the notes as they comes down the board towards you in time to the music, you'll know when you missed, because the music dies down, or you'll hear a sour note play.

In my opinion, Tap Tap Dance is the BEST music game on the app store and Guitar Rock Hero is inferior in execution and gameplay. I slightly regret the full $8 I paid for GRT, whilst I've been playing the hell outta TTD.

12-25-2008, 09:47 AM
I don't think it's worth $5. It crashed a lot on me (I had it when it first came out). I just didn't really like it very much. TapTap is better.
12-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Unfortunately all the songs that listen in TTD are not familiar to me. And I heard that it doesn't offer player to download extra songs.
12-25-2008, 09:52 AM
So I never should bought it? When will the price last BTW?
12-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Sync View Post
Unfortunately all the songs that listen in TTD are not familiar to me. And I heard that it doesn't offer player to download extra songs.
I meant TTR. I haven't played TTD cuz the songs looked gay.
12-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Sync View Post
I would hold off. The price doesn't look like its about to change, as there is no sale tag or label on the game, so its whichever. I personally don't have Guitar Rock Tour, but love Tap Tap Dance, and the songs are great. Tap Tap Dance is supposed to have a huge update in the new year, bringing some sort of surprise, which they won't give me anymore info. on. I like Tap Tap Dance, and I do think that they will add downloads, but Tap Tap Revenge only lags when going back to the menu, but never during gameplay, so I don't see how lag is an issue.
12-25-2008, 11:43 AM
I never played such kind of game before and Guitar Rock Tour was a nice surprise.

I like it a lot.

It's very stable (no crash so far) and the story mode is nice.

Some notes you have to hold more than others which makes the game very interesting.

The crowd can enjoy or not your performance making it fun to play.

The music set is well balanced for what the game is all about.

Just remember to use your headphones to enjoy everything the game has to offer.
12-25-2008, 11:47 AM
i like guitar rock tour alot better than ttr, mostly because the songs are more well known to me. However I really wish they would add more songs to GRT because the game felt really short to me.

I've never had a problem with the game crashing, it does take awhile to load though

Plus, on GRT, you have the option of playing drums as well.
12-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Send a message via MSN to synagence
It's still in dire need of an update to fix the lag and general battery consumption issues