★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Alex Hughes
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 220.1 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The year is 2035 and Tokyo has been overrun by an unknown force. Communications with the rest of Japan and the world are down. With the Tokyo Police and Japan Self Defence Force (JSDF) destroyed in the first few hours of the invasion, it is up to you as the rookie pilot of an experimental variable mech to fight back the invading forces...

Reflex Unity is the first episodic release of an ongoing dual stick action game. Future updates will reveal the story.

- 2 Stages with more to come in future releases.
- Random night and day settings.

- iPhone 5s or higher recommended.
- iPad Air or iPad Mini 2 or higher recommended.

NEXT RELEASE DUE OCTOBER 2016 - Stay Tuned!

Robosaru's comments:
Hello everyone. Loooooong time reader first time poster. Just wanted to share with you all my first game which is available to download free on the App Store:

Reflex Unit

Welcome any and all feedback (good and bad!), so that I can improve the game in future releases.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Thanks for your time!
07-07-2016, 05:32 AM
Welcome to the forum Robosaru; and thanks for sharing your game. Very generous. Twin stick shooters are tricky on mobile so I don't usually play them. This has some good ideas though so I's sticking with it. Precise aiming is slightly awkward but I'm improving with practice, and it becomes less critical with higher level weapons. I've yet to complete the first mission so I guess more upgrades are needed.

What keeps me playing this is the fact that accumulated credits are retained on restart, or there is the option to spend a few credits to continue. I think it's a good design decision. Way better than keep starting over with nothing. Spotting the opposition is not always easy, but that's probably true in the real world, but I'm learning where they are located.

07-07-2016, 06:43 AM
Thank you so much for the feedback! I really appreciate it! I am working on a new stage and some tutorial levels that I hope to add in the next few weeks (again for free). Until then, if you tap the radar, you can zoom the camera out which may help to spot the enemies before they spot you!
07-08-2016, 09:29 AM
Is it possible to place an aiming reticle so that we can see where our shots are going?

Why can't we fire all weapons at once? What's the point of having the two buttons for upper and low we weapons?

I have to say I love twin stick shooters. For your first game this is damn good. I want to support you financially.

Billy
07-08-2016, 08:16 PM
Thanks for he feedback Billy! Really appreciated!
- For some weapons I added lasers to show where they will fire. For the mortar style weapons (the missiles) I thought it would be interesting to leave that off. I will add an option in a future option to show the aim reticle though.

- I need to add more small buildings and a tutorial perhaps but the idea is:
Upper weapon only fire 1 x per round, but can clear small cover.
- Lower weapon fires 2 x per round, but cannot clear cover.

I will keep improving this and hope you will be happy with future updates!
07-12-2016, 11:11 PM
UPDATE: Reflex Unit version 1.2

I am proud to announce the version 1.2 update for my game "Reflex Unit". The new updates adds an extra stage for you to enjoy (price is still FREE and will remain so for future updates).
07-18-2016, 09:55 AM
Trailer for version 1.2

Youtube link | Pop Up
07-18-2016, 11:32 AM
Holy hell why did i just find out about this? Watching the trailer this looks sweet.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-18-2016, 02:52 PM
Finished stage one on second playthrough buying only the Vulcan cannons. Seemed easy enough.

The improvements i would suggest is to first smooth out the aiming sensitivity. It isnt 1:1 analog it seems, it just doesnt feel smooth to circle out the aiming.

Second, enemy AI needs a buff i think. Too easy to kite them just off screen, and they all fall down.

Third, the shop feels a bit sluggish. Will need some tweaks to make is a smooth experience navigating through the shop menus. The back button needs to go back to the previous page, not outside of the "buy" menus.

I think this game has lots of potential. Not a lot of Mecha games on the appstore, and this is one of the better ones.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-18-2016, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the feedback! agree with your points and will certainly work to improve this. Stayed tune for an update in the next week or so!