★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad pro - would it break any compatibility with older apps?

07-13-2016, 02:04 PM
iPad pro - would it break any compatibility with older apps?

Hey guys.

I've got an opportunity to upgrade my Air 2 to a Pro (9.7") for a good price so I might do it.

My only concern is if getting the pro would break older games that may not have been recently updated.

As far as I can tell the only big difference is the processor A9X vs A8X I think. But processor can be a big deal. Then again I don't know what I'm talking about which is why I'm asking you guys.

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Titan Quest | Tallowmere
07-13-2016, 11:33 PM
I recently upgraded from an iPad 2 to a 12.9" iPad Pro about a month ago. As far as compatibility with older apps, I haven't really had any real problems of note.
07-14-2016, 07:22 AM
If you're on the latest iOS currently and all of your games work, it should be the same on the pro. Happy gaming!
07-14-2016, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariko View Post
I recently upgraded from an iPad 2 to a 12.9" iPad Pro about a month ago. As far as compatibility with older apps, I haven't really had any real problems of note.
Thanks to you both for your answers!

Mariko - How do you find the extra size? I initially had an ipad mini and loved the weight as I held it in my hand, but then I wanted the extra screen size and got the ipad air 2. It felt a bit heavy when holding. Does the 12.9 add to that awkwardness at all? Do you hold it sometimes while you play or is it always table top?

edit:
12.9-inch Wi-Fi: 713 g (1.572 lb)
9.7-inch Wi-Fi: 437 g (0.963 lb)

Crap that's a fairly big difference there. Hmmm. Might stick with the smaller one.

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Titan Quest | Tallowmere

Last edited by Jorlen; 07-14-2016 at 08:08 AM.