★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Game like... On ios

07-14-2016, 05:04 PM
#1
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 191
Game like... On ios

Here we post about games that try to emulate the console and pc experience.
While being there own thing.
Here is an example
Forgotten memories- silent hill
Wipeout ------- flash out .
Real racing----- drive club
Ace combat -------- air supremacy
Any other suggestion?
07-15-2016, 07:56 AM
#2
Joined: Jun 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 999
Oceanhorn - Zelda
Horizon Chase - Top Gear
Aralon, Ravensword - Elder Scrolls
Gangsta - GTA
Modern Combat - Call of Duty

07-15-2016, 09:26 AM
#3
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,205
Yeah... Only a handful devs actually innovate with new game concepts and mechanics, most are just reimagined versions of already existing games.

Even if there are tons, here are some outstanding games which are most likely heavily inspired by some console games, while some are even improvements of their inspirations:

Godfire - God of War
Venture Kid - Megaman
Miss Claire Garden - Super Mario Bros. 2
Space Marshals - Crusader: No Remorse
Teeny Titans - Somewhere in between Pokemon and Monster Rancher
Muffin Knight - Bubble Bobble
Kid Tripp - Adventure Island (most especially the skateboarding parts)
Invader Hunter (PULLED) - Monster Hunter
Demons Score (PULLED, but still working for me 100%) - Elite Beat Agents (although from what i read some of the developers are involved in Demons Score)

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-15-2016, 03:12 PM
#4
Joined: Dec 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 619
I'll just throw in these. They're not exactly like the PC/console games, but the inspirations are obvious.

Super Phantom Cat - Super Mario Bros
The Room series - Myst
Warbits - Advance Wars
Implosion: Never Lose Hope - Devil May Cry
Republique - Beyond Good and Evil

And that old classic:

Rolando - LocoRoco

2016 GOTY nominations (needs editing!): Crashlands, FFIX, Sky Force Reloaded, Lost Socks, Tennis Champs Returns, Teeny Titans, Human Resource Machine, Imbroglio, Retsnom, SteamWorld Heist
Comeback of the year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
07-15-2016, 11:54 PM
#5
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Yeah... Only a handful devs actually innovate with new game concepts and mechanics, most are just reimagined versions of already existing games.

Even if there are tons, here are some outstanding games which are most likely heavily inspired by some console games, while some are even improvements of their inspirations:

Godfire - God of War
Venture Kid - Megaman
Miss Claire Garden - Super Mario Bros. 2
Space Marshals - Crusader: No Remorse
Teeny Titans - Somewhere in between Pokemon and Monster Rancher
Muffin Knight - Bubble Bobble
Kid Tripp - Adventure Island (most especially the skateboarding parts)
Invader Hunter (PULLED) - Monster Hunter
Demons Score (PULLED, but still working for me 100%) - Elite Beat Agents (although from what i read some of the developers are involved in Demons Score)
Invader hunter is pretty cool
07-16-2016, 11:41 PM
#6
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Yeah... Only a handful devs actually innovate with new game concepts and mechanics, most are just reimagined versions of already existing games.

Even if there are tons, here are some outstanding games which are most likely heavily inspired by some console games, while some are even improvements of their inspirations:

Godfire - God of War
Venture Kid - Megaman
Miss Claire Garden - Super Mario Bros. 2
Space Marshals - Crusader: No Remorse
Teeny Titans - Somewhere in between Pokemon and Monster Rancher
Muffin Knight - Bubble Bobble
Kid Tripp - Adventure Island (most especially the skateboarding parts)
Invader Hunter (PULLED) - Monster Hunter
Demons Score (PULLED, but still working for me 100%) - Elite Beat Agents (although from what i read some of the developers are involved in Demons Score)
Invader Hunter was pulled? I hope it's still available for download from the cloud. DAMMITALLTOHELL
07-17-2016, 01:11 AM
#7
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Invader Hunter was pulled? I hope it's still available for download from the cloud. DAMMITALLTOHELL
Yup... Not in my purchased list last i checked. But i still have it on the ipad.
07-17-2016, 04:38 PM
#8
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Yup... Not in my purchased list last i checked. But i still have it on the ipad.
I think I have in my iTune game library
07-17-2016, 04:40 PM
#9
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 947
Space marshal - metal gear solid 1
1