★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Return Zero VR is a beautiful, psychedelic, ultrafast VR tunnel racer. If racing past mad-fast, frantic mazes set out in virtual, TRON like worlds is your thing, then Return Zero VR is definitely the game for you.

Featuring real-time procedural tracks, you can see the virtual world take shape before your eyes! Take on challenging corners, tricky slopes or endless climbs!

Collect blue gates to gain speed while avoiding the red and yellow ones. Overcome the speed of light and experience time running backwards!

Immerse yourself on the world of Return Zero VR. Do you have what it takes to turn back time?

Requires a Google Cardboard viewer to play.

Use your gaze to control the ship, no controllers required!

This game works better on Cardboard-compatible devices, with screensize of 5" and over.

Game not compatible with tablets.

groundcontrolstudios's comments:

This is a exciting VR game for iOS, compatible with Google Cardboard or other VR viewers. It is extremely confortable to play, although it is fast-paced, so don't worry about any nasty...side-effects

You can check out some in-game gameplay here:

And see what is like to play it right here (early prototype):

This is my first VR game, so comments and feedback on how to improve are most welcome!

Hope you guys like it!
07-22-2016, 12:33 AM
Hey guys, any feedback for a newbie iOS dev? It is our first game out and I'm starting to believe that we must've done something very wrong

Anyone cares to comment? Is there something you guys think needs improvement? Either on the game or even on the thread?

Thanks for the help!

07-22-2016, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by groundcontrolstudios View Post
Hey guys, any feedback for a newbie iOS dev? It is our first game out and I'm starting to believe that we must've done something very wrong

Anyone cares to comment? Is there something you guys think needs improvement? Either on the game or even on the thread?

Thanks for the help!
Well, thread looks good. The only thing is that iOS games tend to be released on Thursdays, so it might have gone unnoticed because of that.

I haven't seen too many threads here talking about VR games. In fact, this is the first one I see specifically for one of these "VR only" games (it's VR only, right?). I remember the game "5 minutes before", which went VR in one update, but not too much more. I really wish you the best of lucks, since you can imagine from my nick that I really like VR (although I guess my 4S is not fast enough to manage it...).
07-22-2016, 11:27 PM
Hi! Thanks for your comment+feedback, I really appreciate it!

In reply to your question, yes, it is a VR-Only game. As for the thursday thing, I wasn't aware of that

Regarding devices, the game it self isn't that complex, but screensize does matter. It runs on devices with iOS9+, so if your iphone runs it, you can give a try However if you happen to have a PC VR device, this game will be made available on that plataform soon, you can already look it up on Valve's online shop

[Mods: I hope the reference to an alternate version of the game is OK. I was offering an alternative since the iOS version might not be compatible with his iPhone. No links or direct names were used to avoid any misuderstandings. I'll remove the line if it steps any boundaries]

Last edited by groundcontrolstudios; 07-22-2016 at 11:30 PM.
07-23-2016, 05:10 PM
Wasn't there another return zero game? I think I had it in android. I don't have a VR device but if you add on screen controls I'll give this a look.

Billy
07-23-2016, 09:21 PM
Great to see vr game development going on. I've been excited by the potential of Cardboard-style headsets for a while. Unfortunately, I've been disappointed by the actual offerings- very few apps that feel like 'real' games rather than demos.

Your screenshots look a bit sparse at the moment. Are you just zooming down a 3-d tunnel, or do other events happen in the game?
07-24-2016, 02:15 PM
Thnks for the input guys!

@LordShad0wz: Indeed it is the same game, but the VR version of it. It is a hoot Unfortunately this version is only for VR, so you would need a headset to fit your iphone in.

@ErikSPdx: Yeah, we know what you mean, good or interesting VR content is hard to come by currently. On our game we focused on the experience/sensations that you get from going really fast As for the 3D tunnel, right now the game takes place inside tron-like tunnels. They vary in size (height, width) and they are filled with rewards or obstacles or both. The whole idea of the game is going really fast and manage to not loose any speed. It is a rush to ace a level at high speed and that is the feeling we are looking for during the whole game
07-24-2016, 02:34 PM
Well, I took the $2 plunge. It seems to have potential, but I think you need to add a bit more variety. In particular, I'd like to see some curves & inclines in the tunnels!
07-24-2016, 03:42 PM
Hey thanks @ErikSPdx! I hope you are a happy customer

You absolutely right. We are working on adding those back, the game had inclines and curves on a earlier version, but the procedural approach we took to it created a couple of issues. The new version we are working on is promising though
07-31-2016, 03:39 AM
We are currently working on adding inclines and curves, still no ETA, only that the update should come out for all plataforms.

Is there more input you guys would like to share? Or is everything fine besides that?

Thanks for the great feedback so far!