Discussion about Graphic Design for a Castle-Building Mobile Game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by might108, Jul 19, 2016.

1. might108

might108 Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Recently our team has been busy with a game which is about mining and building castle with surrounding architectures.

We doubt whether our graphic design suits for the audience, especially in America, or not.

So we would like to post some of our design to make a survey here. Hopefully get some inspiration from you guys :)

First of all, which of the following design do you prefer?

A:[​IMG]

B:[​IMG]

C:[​IMG]

Secondly, when upgrading the buildings, which of the following designs is your favorite?

A:[​IMG]

B:[​IMG]

C:[​IMG]

Your opinions are very important to us. And we would like to hear different voices from others.

Thank you guys:)

2. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Good to see a castle builder in development, and thanks for posting on the forum. I like my castles to be ancient, dark and brooding, with the Norman architectural style, such as Pembroke castle in Wales, which in fact resembles design C; so I'll vote for that one. As for building upgrades, the appropriate matching style would then be design A.

Look forward to following progress.

3. might108

might108 Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Thanks for your opinion!!!
    We'll keep on focusing the information here and we would like to show our efforts in the coming days.

4. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    C and B for me

5. might108

might108 Member

Jun 8, 2015
    copy that!

6. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It's hard to deny the high fidelity of city C, or the professional (but generic) trappings of city B. But A really struck a chord with me. I find them both more unique in character than the other options. Though C follows closely behind with its quite opposite but gorgeous real-world imagery.

I'm hard-pressed to choose between the upgrades, but I'm guessing your choice of city graphics will inform the former. Though while I prefer city A, I think upgrade C is actually my favourite here.

In which city design scheme does upgrade B fit in?

In the end, the choice between such opposed designs as city A and C obviously depends on your target market segment, what in-game atmosphere you aim for, and if the product is aimed at a hardcore or casual audience (and whether the graphics are supposed to support this intention). As such, it would be helpful to know a little bit more about your goals for the product.

7. might108

might108 Member

Jun 8, 2015
    What a detailed notice:)
    Actually our product is mainly aimed at casual audience, and we'll keep on focusing you guys' opinions.
    Many thanks!!!

8. might108

might108 Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Everyone is welcomed to show his/her opinions :eek:
    And I'm always waiting for new replies :eek: