★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Rival Fire (by Glu Games Inc)

07-19-2016, 07:31 PM
Rival Fire (by Glu Games Inc)

07-19-2016, 07:57 PM

I really would wish that I could say that I liked the Game or that it does add something new to the Genre but every time something new get`s unlocked in Rival Fire InGame it just does feel like I have seen it already in some other Game or even a couple of months ago in an different Glu Title.

Even some of those Maps InGame seem to be so heavy inspired by Counter-Strike that I had to rub my eyes to make sure I`m not playing a Mobile Counter Strike that was turned into an Online Mobile Third-Person-Cover-Shooter Game.

It`s just that Rival Fire feels like many other Glu Games without offering anything new and I am unsure if the Team back at Glu Games didn`t realized it at some point too and just told themself that we probably just finish it and release it before we move on from here on.

IŽll still keep playing it for the next couple of Days to see if there is anything more then I haven`t seen yet in any other Game but so far i am really unsure if Glu Games really don`t need to step up their demand for their own Games if it comes to it`s Content since after the first hour with Rival Fire I really needed a break because I was at some point really bored and this was the first time to be honest I felt that way about a Glu Game.

Conclusion:

Rival Fire has everything that I would have expected from a Game from Glu Games and still I kinda miss something that would make me want to keep playing it. I mean the Game often feels like someone went through a Checklist of what should be in the Game while forgetting that in the end it too should make some fun to play through it and don`t feel like it would force me to just keep playing it since in the end it could make some fun...

I`m still a big Fan of Glu Games and still play some of their older Games now and then and will keep playing their Games but Rival Fire just doesn`t make me want to keep playing it at all

07-19-2016, 09:47 PM
Thanks Sanuku. I think I'll pass on this one, for now.
07-20-2016, 09:31 PM
I 2nd that, thank you!
07-21-2016, 08:46 PM
Ok, I have to eat crow here...I didn't pass on this one. I held out until tonight though (*pats self on back*). I'm really enjoying Rival Fire so far. I bought one $5 gem package that gives gems and gold for a month and think that will be fine for now. I commend Glu here, they've offered up a fun shooter with pvp and 2-player Vs. 2-player match ups also a complete campaign mode and, dare I say, it feels pretty fair and generous. I know there's not many Glu Mobile fans left in these parts but if you're interested at all, give it a SHOT!
07-22-2016, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Ok, I have to eat crow here...I didn't pass on this one. I held out until tonight though (*pats self on back*). I'm really enjoying Rival Fire so far. I bought one $5 gem package that gives gems and gold for a month and think that will be fine for now. I commend Glu here, they've offered up a fun shooter with pvp and 2-player Vs. 2-player match ups also a complete campaign mode and, dare I say, it feels pretty fair and generous. I know there's not many Glu Mobile fans left in these parts but if you're interested at all, give it a SHOT!
Same here.. I am LOVING the game.. I am not usually into these shooter games, so a lot of the mechanics are fresh to me.. For the most part, the game is super polished, and worth the price of free admission.. I did buy a starter pack for $5.00 that gave me an OP AR-5, a bunch of gems, and a lot of other crap.. It was a nice purchase and put me into VIP 1.. I will be keeping this game around for a while..
07-25-2016, 02:35 PM
I usually stay as far away from GLU games as possible but ended up giving this a try (still don't know why! lol) and am enjoying myself more than I thought.

Any suggestions on which gun to focus on for upgrading??
07-25-2016, 03:17 PM
Every Glu game is re-skinned from the last and they never sync across multiple devices.
07-25-2016, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palanthian View Post
Every Glu game is re-skinned from the last and they never sync across multiple devices.
This one syncs....
07-25-2016, 04:55 PM
I really liked their last cover based shooter until they kept making it harder and harder and then deleted my progress. I gave up on it.

This one looks really similar (probably the same base engine) so I figured I might enjoy it. However looks like lots of energy meters and PvP. Anyone playing can tell me if there's much to do solo? And any offline play modes? If the entire game is online, I'll probably pass..

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar