★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "What if we could start again?

Find out for yourself in this, the official game of the series, Eden, where you must help your very own community grow on the same remote Scottish location.

You're responsible for prioritising everything they must do every day; will you have them constructing more camp buildings? Farming? Hunting? Foraging? 

Remember to keep the campfire burning brightly to keep morale up - and to customise and decorate the camp to make it feel more homely.

Features
·        Build a shelter, then a storehouse, kitchen, workshop - and much more 
·        Decorate your camp upgrade your buildings, add paths, statues, showers, and many more items
·        Tend to the camp pigs, chickens and cows.
·        Manage the community's limited supplies of water, crops, meat, fish, wood, stone etc.
·        Farm, forage, hunt, fish, decorate & cook to keep the fire burning brightly and the camp happy
·        Craft new tools and items to improve efficiency and let the camp become more and more successful
·        Help the camp survive the harsh Scottish weather through the seasons
·        Attract new members of the community to help it grow
·        Share your progress with friends

Please note the game is free to play, however some items can also be purchased for real money, and there is no restriction on the amount of purchases that can be made. If you dont want to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your devices settings.

** This game does not support iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4th Generation or earlier devices **

In order to deliver a personalised, responsive service and to improve the game, we remember and store information about how you use it. The information is completely anonymous and will never include any personal details. It is used only by Channel 4 or the trusted partners we work with. If you wish, you can switch off our analytics software within the Options screen of the game. The game contains promotions for Channel 4s other products and services as well as some promotions of third party products and services. By downloading this application, you agree to our terms of use (http://www.channel4.com/programmes/all-4-games/articles/all/game-terms-and-conditions), privacy policy and cookies policy.

metalcasket's comments:

Eden: The Game

Channel 4
Genres: Games Simulation Role-Playing
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
"What if we could start again?”

Find out for yourself in this, the official game of the series, Eden, where you must help your very own community grow on the same remote Scottish location.

You're responsible for prioritising everything they must do every day; will you have them constructing more camp buildings? Farming? Hunting? Foraging?

Remember to keep the campfire burning brightly to keep morale up - and to customise and decorate the camp to make it feel more homely.

Features
· Build a shelter, then a storehouse, kitchen, workshop - and much more
· Decorate your camp – upgrade your buildings, add paths, statues, showers, and many more items
· Tend to the camp pigs, chickens and cows.
· Manage the community's limited supplies of water, crops, meat, fish, wood, stone etc.
· Farm, forage, hunt, fish, decorate & cook to keep the fire burning brightly and the camp happy
· Craft new tools and items to improve efficiency and let the camp become more and more successful
· Help the camp survive the harsh Scottish weather through the seasons
· Attract new members of the community to help it grow
· Share your progress with friends

Please note – the game is free to play, however some items can also be purchased for real money, and there is no restriction on the amount of purchases that can be made. If you don’t want to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your device’s settings.

** This game does not support iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4th Generation or earlier devices **

In order to deliver a personalised, responsive service and to improve the game, we remember and store information about how you use it. The information is completely anonymous and will never include any personal details. It is used only by Channel 4 or the trusted partners we work with. If you wish, you can switch off our analytics software within the “Options” screen of the game. The game contains promotions for Channel 4’s other products and services as well as some promotions of third party products and services. By downloading this application, you agree to our terms of use (http://www.channel4.com/programmes/a...and-conditions), privacy policy and cookies policy.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 72.2MB

07-20-2016, 10:29 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to mattll
Looks interesting
Lets see what the iAp look like..

07-20-2016, 12:49 PM
It's out in the uk store too, looking forward to giving it a try.

Like Her Story? Try Contradiction for iPad!

A few favourites: Contradiction. Desktop Dungeons. Til Morning's Light. Knights of Pen & Paper (1+2). Drylands. Paint it Back.
07-20-2016, 12:53 PM
Out in Canada too.
07-20-2016, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticktron View Post
Out in Canada too.
So it's going global too, right? I really want to try this one out!

I saw previous game from Channel 4 also had a global release just few days after their softlaunching which is a bit weird to me.

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
07-20-2016, 01:35 PM
Out in USA.

Initial imps after playing for about 20 min:

Very impressed so far. IAP is totally optional it seems, you can skip anything by watching a video (eg I just rushed an 8-min building timer by watching a quick video). If you're missing resources for a desired building, it even offers the option to watch video instead of gathering resources.

Gameplay is fun, though maybe a bit repetitive in earliest stages (gather water. Gather wood. Gather water. Etc). Seems to be well balanced (perhaps too easy? Higher levels will tell).

Quick tip: you can move any building by clicking and holding for a few seconds (similar to rearranging icons on iOS).

Only bug so far was a "missing items: you need more people" window (appears when you try to queue crafting without people free) that wouldn't close. I had to force quit game to resume play.

EDIT: looks like you can't rush the longer build times with a video. An hour timer offers to let me use coins to skip, but not a video. Sad. It would be nice if they let you reduce your wait time at least, maybe 50% reduction for a video.

EDIT 2: the aforementioned 1-hour building timer let me skip with video once it had ticked down to about 45 min remaining. So it's still pretty generous with skips, just not unlimited.

Also, the biggest pain regarding the premium currency EC is that crafting slots are limited until you unlock more with it. You will eventually earn enough through normal play, achievements, etc, but it would be nice if maybe I could watch a video to earn one EC.

Last edited by platyduck; 07-20-2016 at 02:01 PM.
07-20-2016, 02:10 PM
One question.

Does it have Pokemon?
07-20-2016, 02:19 PM
I hope this is an actual builder and not another clicker
07-20-2016, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldeagle86 View Post
I hope this is an actual builder and not another clicker
It's a builder, not clicker. Though I enjoy clickers it's nice to play something with a lot more depth - so far, this delivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJPaul View Post
One question.

Does it have Pokemon?
Haven't caught any yet, so my guess is no.
07-20-2016, 02:48 PM
Does it require an Internet connection?