★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Where to find Perfect Balance Collection these days?

07-20-2016, 04:41 AM
Where to find Perfect Balance Collection these days?

I will first admit that I suck when it comes to iPhone-gaming and related so please re-direct me if I am in the wrong place somehow.
I joined this forum just to be able to have some expert input on this surprisingly devastating problem that I have.

I find Perfect Balance (by ttursas) to be the most entertaining game I have ever played on iPhone and would be prepared to go to a heap of trouble to get the full version of Perfect Balance Collection on my iPhone (I have the Lite version now).
Problem is I can't find it on app store any more.

I noticed the company that made the game went out of business but does that mean they pull it from app store??? If so how can I get it these days?
Any ideas/help is welcome.

Thank you for your time.
07-20-2016, 04:59 AM
I checked for ya and yep, it does seem that the game's been pulled. If it isn't in your Purchased history, the devs are through with the App Store and/or you don't have a back-up of it on your PC, then I'm afraid there's no chance of you getting it off the App Store again. You might want to look at some alternatives.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-20-2016, 05:15 AM
Hello and welcome to Toucharcade!
If the game is no longer on any Appstore (I just checked out of curiosity, and Netherlands and US don't have it), and you do not have the installation files (.ipa I think?) , then you are pretty much out of luck, if you don't want to resort to finding them, let's say, "somewhere on the internet" and - most likely - jailbreak your iThingie to get them installed.

If I remember right, a developer can pull a game completely, so Apple doesn't keep it around even for people who bought it previously.
And when a dev stops his yearly Appstore "subscription", Apple pulls their games as well.
07-21-2016, 05:55 AM
Hi guys!

I'm happy to hear you liked the game, but unfortunately our company was shut down (out of funds) in 2014 and later when our Apple developer license expired, Apple removed all our apps from the App Store.

I still have the source code and assets for ttursas iOS games, but no iPhone (can't test the game on real devices, only on simulators), and if I republished the games I would have to add graphical assets for new devices etc... Considering how few units the games sold, I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble...