★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Set sail for Pirate's Cove! The first Adventure Pack is now available as a FREE update!

Become the ultimate Dungeon Master as you bribe, entice and coax your heroes through their adventures on a quest to restore your guild to its ultimate glory! Guild of Dungeoneering is a unique turn-based RPG with a twist: instead of controlling the hero, you build the dungeon around him. Using cards drawn from your Guild decks, you lay down rooms, monsters, traps and of course loot! Meanwhile your hero is making his own decisions on where to go and what to fight. But will he be strong enough to take on the dungeon's overlord? In between dungeon runs and card based battles, manage your Guild building new rooms to attract new classes of adventurer and to expand your decks of cards with more powerful items and events.

Guild of Dungeoneering will reward you for purchasing now by giving you all future content updates for FREE! As each content update is made we may be charging a little bit more for the game. Our first expansion pack, Pirates Cove, adds 30% more content to the game including a whole new region, 21 new quests, 3 classes, 23 monsters, and a ton of booty.

Does not require an online connection to play.

NOTE: Guild of Dungeoneering does NOT run on the iPad mini 1, iPad2, iPhone 4 or similar hardware.

Features:
A turn-based RPG card game with a truck ton of personality, unique pen and paper visuals, catchy music and hilarious writing!
Take control of your fledgling group of heroes and lead them to victory! (after admitting to a few defeats of course)
Entice, coax and bribe your heroes to clear the dungeons you build by strategically placing rooms, monsters and loot from the cards you are dealt
Get to know each of your heros personality and traits, upgrade your existing heroes, and add new heroes while you try out new strategies to keep from sending them to their doom!
Manage your guild carefully and spend your hard earned glory wisely to level up and unlock more rooms and equipment. Improving your guild means you'll have a better chance at beating the harder dungeons as you progress and take down the ultimate dungeon overlord.
07-20-2016, 02:22 PM
Nooooooo...... Thread started with no link!

Edit - ooooh that's fresh, the link showed up on refresh. Searched 2 mins ago and got nothing, now I am downloading Excellent!

07-20-2016, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoptic View Post
Nooooooo...... Thread started with no link! I thought it was out but obviously your waiting for it too
It is out.
Here's some gameplay video for anyone interested. It's the only thing I've been playing right now besides PoGo.

The soundtrack is the best!

And here's a video a little further on in the game (I added a few rooms to my guild and my graveyard grew).

Last edited by AppUnwrapper; 07-20-2016 at 02:54 PM.
07-20-2016, 02:28 PM
Buy button.... Smashed

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
07-20-2016, 02:36 PM
Praise Yogg! It's out early woot woot! Downloading now
07-20-2016, 02:51 PM
I was right! It IS tomorrow in Ireland!!! Downloading now..
07-20-2016, 02:58 PM
Looks beautiful... First time i heard of this, so i have a few Qs. Is there carry-over progressions? I mean if the hero dies, you still keep everything you have for the next hero or on his revival (im assuming things, but mainly looking at the progression)? Im not really investing much into highscoring and starting again from scratch for the next attempt. Thanks for any answers

Cheers!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-20-2016, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Looks beautiful... First time i heard of this, so i have a few Qs. Is there carry-over progressions? I mean if the hero dies, you still keep everything you have for the next hero or on his revival (im assuming things, but mainly looking at the progression)? Im not really investing much into highscoring and starting again from scratch for the next attempt. Thanks for any answers

Cheers!
I'm still learning, but from what I can tell, the main goal is to clear a quest (your hero remains alive to continue other quests that way) and get as much gold as you can in a dungeon. Then you keep expanding your guild. I don't see any scores anywhere. The gold is what you use to give you a better chance of succeeding at each dungeon run. For instance, you can build a blacksmith to make some weapons that you'll then get to choose from in the dungeon.

What happens is when you defeat a monster, you get to choose from a few pieces of equipment. Each piece might add different cards to your deck. The better your deck, the better your chance of surviving. There's still a lot of luck involved, but you can manage it by choosing stronger cards. And there are different classes, each one with different cards in their deck. (The Cat Burglar has a "Cat Nip" skill that stores attack points until you use the card "Throw Cat.")

I'm still trying to understand how the path your Dungeoneer takes is decided. You seem to be able to control it by placing gold down on a nearby tile, but other than that it seems to be random?

This is one of those games I really wish had iCloud. Because it's a bit small on my iPhone, but I still want to be able to take it with me on the go. Just kind of sucks that when I'm home I can't play on my iPad and save my poor eyes.
07-20-2016, 03:05 PM
Always irks me when games that sell for $15 bucks on Steam have to be sold for this price on iOS (don't get me wrong, iOS is the best when it comes to the consumer side of things), but I can't commend you (Gambrinous) enough for going the Rocketcat route and charging more for the app as more content is added.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-20-2016, 03:10 PM
Awesome, glad to see this majestic beauty.