★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** Featured By Apple***

Turn pieces and blend colors in this minimal yet visually stunning puzzler.
Over 250 handcrafted and challenging levels.

Features alternative color schemes for all common color deficiencies.

A cooperation with award winning board game designer Dieter Stein.
(www.spielstein.com)

Original soundtrack by Sean Dhondt.
(www.manoeuvresband.com)

Pocketgamer.co.uk:
"There's no aggressive timer and a gorgeous, original soundtrack to accompany you through 200 challenging levels."

Apps4review.com:
"Intriguing, compelling and addictive this is a great puzzle game. Worth Having App"

AppsMirror.com:
"This puzzle app strives successfully to provide its gamers an unparalleled experience"

Appgefahren.de:
"Even visually impaired users can complete the game without any problems. We can therefore only express an absolute recommendation."

iPlayApps.de:
"Sounds simple, but is quite tricky."

AntyApps.pl:
"It really is just the right idea and interesting design that challenges."

Bloovi.be:
"Belgium's most popular puzzle game eliminates your daily stress."
07-28-2016, 08:29 AM
Best color puzzler since Chromixa

I have spent a lot of time with that classic puzzler Chromixa (and still do so every now and then), which also uses the principle of additive mixture of colours. Colorcube is polished, fun, not too hard, self-explaining, has a relaxing soundtrack and one of my favorite boardgame designers, Dieter Stein, worked on it, so nothing could go wrong here. And I can play it on my iPhone, where many games are just too small for me now. Prefer it to Blyss, which gets monotonous after a while. Today it dropped to .99 Cents which is a steal.

Now playing: Unworded, Aurora Puzzle Adventure, Steamworld Heist, PinOut!, Sproggiwood, Colorcube, kubic, Mekorama, Open Bar!
Waiting for: Any Star Realms expansion, Nyheim, Onirim

Last edited by abstractgamefreak; 07-28-2016 at 08:46 AM.

07-28-2016, 09:23 AM
I loved chromixa! But part of the appeal of that game was the various shapes and I initially passed on this fame due to the slightly less varied feel I got from the screenshots.
However you also stated you found Blyss monotonous, as did I, so if this can hold your interest (and warrant a comparison to Chromixa) I'm definitely in! Will be back with impressions.
07-28-2016, 11:19 AM
Getting this item is being modified when trying to purchase. US App Store.
07-28-2016, 06:56 PM
Love these type of puzzlers. Glad it is featured on Apple.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
07-29-2016, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscaper View Post
I loved chromixa! But part of the appeal of that game was the various shapes and I initially passed on this fame due to the slightly less varied feel I got from the screenshots.
However you also stated you found Blyss monotonous, as did I, so if this can hold your interest (and warrant a comparison to Chromixa) I'm definitely in! Will be back with impressions.
The tricky part of Colorcube is, that the puzzle tiles often overlap in an unexpected way, and, despite the look of the levels, you won't need all shapes everytime to get the requested colors and forms. Yesterday I stumbled over an especially mean puzzle, and I really was at my wit's end for a moment It took me over half an hour to realize, that I only needed three of four tiles to solve it. I think you will like it.

Now playing: Unworded, Aurora Puzzle Adventure, Steamworld Heist, PinOut!, Sproggiwood, Colorcube, kubic, Mekorama, Open Bar!
Waiting for: Any Star Realms expansion, Nyheim, Onirim

Last edited by abstractgamefreak; 07-31-2016 at 05:59 AM.
07-30-2016, 02:10 PM
Anybody got a hint for level 27? Been trying all day.
09-21-2016, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendince View Post
Anybody got a hint for level 27? Been trying all day.
If you're still stuck, some hints:

You need to use all four shapes. The white triangle at the top will be made by overlapping colours to form white. Start with the V in the opposite direction you'd assume (i.e. pointing up, like a mountain).

Hope that helps!

This is a really fun little puzzler.