★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Ancient Bricks is the reinvention of the classic brick breaker genre. You have to journey through an ancient temple, collecting as many treasures as you can. You can either explore the temple's chambers through 180 beautifully handcrafted levels or venture below into the mine where the deeper you get the more precious treasures you will find!

*** Main Features ***

full iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Pro support
breakout genre reinvented
fast-paced addictive gameplay
easy to pick up and play
real-time physics
180 handcrafted levels in Exploration Mode
endless destruction in Mining Mode
lots of power-ups, power-downs and collectable items
7 unlockable ball types
more than 30 unlockable upgrades
daily, weekly and random missions
full Retina Display support
single touch and tilt controls
universal app

Zippy Mobile Bt.'s comments:
Ancient Bricks is the reinvention of the classic brick breaker genre. You have to journey through an ancient temple, collecting as many treasures as you can. You can either explore the temple's chambers through 180 beautifully handcrafted levels or venture below into the mine where the deeper you get the more precious treasures you will find!

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ancient-bricks/id1033020407

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqYs...7zaHmC8K08j3U4

Key features
  • * Real-time physics
  • * 180 handcrafted levels in Exploration Mode
  • * Endless destruction in Mining Mode
  • * Lots of collectable items
  • * 7 unlockable ball types
  • * More than 30 unlockable upgrades
  • * Daily, weekly and random missions
  • * Single touch and tilt controls

07-23-2016, 12:27 AM
I'm really enjoying this so far. There's something fun about the gold nuggets gathering on the blocks, and then come tumbling down when you take out the supporting blocks.

07-23-2016, 05:38 AM
Well done brick breaker. Nothing fancy, just super polished and solid classic brick breacker action. Endless mode, any purchase starting at 99 cents removes adds, lots of upgrades, collecting gold while playing (falling from destroyed blocks).

I like it! It you remotely enjoy this genre, give this a look!

2 suggestions:

Faster ball movement: the base movement speed is a bit low for my personal taste and the upgrade one is perfect. Maybe there could be some changes in this regard.

The upgrade that slows down your pad at the bottom should be red, not green, as it is a hazard.

Last edited by forsakenxe; 07-23-2016 at 06:08 AM.
07-23-2016, 10:43 AM
After playing for about an hour, I've had the app crash at least six times after completing various levels. I'm guessing it has something to do with the ad server. It hasn't crashed while playing a level.

I hope the devs join this discussion, because I'm wondering how removing the ads by unlocking a consumable works if you had to reinstall the app, or also had it on a different device. Since any gold purchase works, I'm going to buy the 0.99 pack and see if that fixes the crashing.

(Edit) purchasing the 0.99 gold pack did not disable ads; at least not when playing a mine level. So that's annoying.

Last edited by Collin; 07-23-2016 at 10:52 AM.
07-23-2016, 07:43 PM
Enjoyable game. I've been looking for a good game of this type for a while.

Game Center: PsYcHoNoVa
07-24-2016, 12:49 AM
Not really into breakout-type games but this is polished and satisfying
07-24-2016, 01:22 AM
Wow some of the power-ups are reality something! And mining gets very interesting... Very fair payment system---no spending is needed, and buying any gold stops ads...
07-24-2016, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countBasil View Post
Wow some of the power-ups are reality something! And mining gets very interesting... Very fair payment system---no spending is needed, and buying any gold stops ads...
That's not what Collin said above:
"(Edit) purchasing the 0.99 gold pack did not disable ads; at least not when playing a mine level. So that's annoying."

Not sure I can trust your imps...
07-24-2016, 04:20 AM
So my initial imps are, starting with the good:
1. beautiful graphics and animation
2. music and sound effects really match the gameplay
3. power ups are good
4. gameplay is varied with two modes - temple and mine
The "not so good":
1. power ups don't last long - I feel they should last much longer or until the next power up (or down"
2. didn't like it when the paddle exploded without warning in the mine - what was that, time up?
3. Didn't like how the tutorial forces you to spend your first 1000 gold to teach you how to buy a power up you might not even want - almost deleted there and then! Most games nowadays "gift" you the currency you use in a tutorial buy - players' feelings and all that.
Ads feel a little invasive, not friendly. We all want to be paid for our work, but "asking" wins over "demanding".
Anyhow, bottom line is: I'm still playin'
07-24-2016, 04:24 AM
You most likely exploded in the mines because you hit an uncleared rock with your pad.