★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Turn Based Strategy Games (mecho wars, uniwar, rogue planet etc)

10-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Turn Based Strategy Games (mecho wars, uniwar, rogue planet etc)

What turn based strategy games are there now/upcoming, and how do they compare.

I know about:

Mecho Wars
Uniwar
Rogue Planet

So how do mecho wars and uniwar compare? And by looking at Rogue Planet will that rival either of them? (to me, looks like it)

Also, will Mecho Wars be on sale again? It has been on sale many times in the past, and if it was I'd instantly buy it, but because of the history I'm cautious.

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3
10-13-2009, 01:57 PM
No replies?

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3

10-13-2009, 01:58 PM
i reckon Rogue Planet will own all.

Plus+ id: Fudgeboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
I find DG incredibly sexy, just sayin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
You scare me, you honestly scare me
10-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to mattll
mecho wars is better than uniwar (in my opinion) because of
-better grafic´s
-better campaigns
-better gameplay

Quote:
Wow! You are the Lionel Messi of the Touch Soccer world!!!
i tested 31 games
10-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgeboy View Post
i reckon Rogue Planet will own all.
Hell yea!

uniwar was great when it first came out, we had nothing like it. When mechowars appeared, it was a step up in my opinion, with better campaign missions and much better units.
But, rouge planet will definately take the gold when it comes out, based almost on graphics alone. If the campaign is as good as rumored, there will be no compitition.

Playin the quest, or any of the numerous, awesome expansions? Are you stuck? If you need any help, feel free to PM me or email at "my user name" @gmail.com
I'm happy to help -GLLive, Marshall_B I have starfront , add me!
10-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Civilization: Revolution is great. Also the upcoming port of "Battle For Wesnoth" (see my sig) should be good.
10-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSquared View Post
Civilization: Revolution is great. Also the upcoming port of "Battle For Wesnoth" (see my sig) should be good.
Battle For Wesnoth is going to dominate all of them.

Beta Testing/ed: Undercroft, Baseball Superstars 2010, Battle for Wesnoth, Fuzion, Twilight Golf, Indestructible Tank, Nanomechs Online Multi, Plushed, Ground Effect, Castlecraft, Inotia 2, Boom it Up, Guerrilla Bob, Caligo Chaser, Vanquish, IMO, Crunchy Orbs, Zenonia 2, Luna Story, Aralon, Shadow Era, Hybrid 2
10-13-2009, 04:21 PM
+1 ftw
10-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Mecho Wars has no challenge, I played through both campaigns in one try. Though the animations are much smoother, looks much better, and has no lag. It's good for one playthrough I suppose.
UniWar is slightly harder, I had to retry a few levels; but the graphics are much lower quality than Mecho Wars, and the developers are too lazy to fix the fatal lag caused by slow engine or whatever in the single player mode, later levels are practically unplayable in single player mode because the opponent takes a whole minute per move. Make sure you don't waste your money on this title.
10-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Battle for Wesnoth will rule over all.