Am I just being stupid or what (discussion regarding AppStore)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Kenan2000, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Am i the only one who notices that so many great games that get super slight attention here on TA simply disappear in the obscureness of the AppStore?Mostly premium and indie games ofc,I constantly find myself bumping some "old" game threads,constantly hoping that someone will buy the game and like it while I'm still here messing with my iOS device.

Apple should really help such developers,it has been stated a lot,like really a lot,even if premium games will not be the dominating majority,they should somehow exist and kinda prosper I guess...

Squareface,Kepler 22,ROK,Cataclysm - dark days ahead port,Battlestation harbinger are pretty much examples of games that can easily disappear like this from the horizon and that's just a little percent,just a little percent.

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Apple likes to earn money via their cut of sales, and promote apps that promote sales. ;) Freemium pretty much dominates the Top Grossing apps.

Though they do occasionally stand behind games they really like, for example, I remember seeing Squareball showing up in favorites lists numerous times.

There's usually a few premium titles on the App Store front page - for example the US store currently has Guild of Dungeoneering and Day of the Tentacle under New Games We Love...