★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Pixel Car Racer is the first of its kind, a retro style arcade racer, featuring a RPG sandbox experience. Build your dream garage with limitless car customization! Take your ride to the streets and race your way to the top.

FEATURES
Drag and Street game modes
Over 60+ Cars!
1000+ Car Parts!
RPG Style Tuning
Dyno Tuning
Beautiful pixel art graphics
Burnouts
Liveries
Realistic engine system
Manual gear shifting
Racing style pedals including clutch!
Japan, Euro, US style Cars/Parts.
Active community
Facebook login with cloud saving
Designed for car enthusiasts worldwide

PCR website: http://www.pixelcarracer.com/
PCR facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PixelCarRacer/
STUDIO FURUKAWA website: http://www.studiofurukawa.com/

TROUBLESHOOTING
If experiencing crashing or any bugs, please contact us.

blue rocket's comments:
Just thought i'd share this one for all of the JDM/Tuning Car fans... really well done addicting game! Kind of like the Gran Turismo(in pixel form) for iOS!

Very generous game IMO, definitely work spending the buck to remove ads and add some additional car slots!
07-26-2016, 08:38 PM
Not a single post here? The game is taking instagram by storm... Anyone into cars/tuning here?

07-26-2016, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue rocket View Post
Not a single post here? The game is taking instagram by storm... Anyone into cars/tuning here?
Looks like it might be worth a download, but can you possible list the cars available, or at least car companies so I know what it is I can look forward to? It says Japan, Euro and US but isn't specific enough. Thanks.
07-27-2016, 01:58 AM
Why are all the interesting races locked?

I can select Drag freeman, which is fun, and CTF which is not fun and something called freerun racing which just seems to be endless driving

How do i unlock the real races and story mode?
07-27-2016, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
Why are all the interesting races locked?

I can select Drag freeman, which is fun, and CTF which is not fun and something called freerun racing which just seems to be endless driving

How do i unlock the real races and story mode?
I believe there are a ton of updates planned to add new modes, cars, parts, etc... Check out their FB page, it's very active!
07-27-2016, 02:50 PM
Looks cool and for free I'm giving it a download to try and If it's good and fun I'll buy and IAP to remove ads. Also looking forward to the update
07-27-2016, 04:16 PM
I love the style and all the customization options, but there are so many modes unavailable. The drag racing is fun, but I haven't really been challenged. Easy win every time. The street race is confusing. I have no idea what the goal is and it's not really fun.

There are quite a few parts of the game that need some explanation.

Honestly, it feels like the game is unfinished in its current state.

This will be a 10/10 when everything is ironed out.

Can't wait for an update of some sort.
07-27-2016, 08:08 PM
For a freemium this game is sick
07-28-2016, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryweiser View Post
I love the style and all the customization options, but there are so many modes unavailable. The drag racing is fun, but I haven't really been challenged. Easy win every time. The street race is confusing. I have no idea what the goal is and it's not really fun.

There are quite a few parts of the game that need some explanation.

Honestly, it feels like the game is unfinished in its current state.

This will be a 10/10 when everything is ironed out.

Can't wait for an update of some sort.
I agree with all the points you mention. I'll add that street race has a CTF race, which I guess means Catch The Flag, which is also too easy. Traffic disappears after two rows of cars.

When this game gets a bit of polish, it can be seriously enjoyable. I won't give it a star rating because I think it would be unfair at its current state.
07-29-2016, 09:32 AM
I have to agree with the game needing more polish. I don't understand the freerun mode. A few times now, there has been a really slow car in my lane, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to change lanes (if it's even possible). This game has some serious potential though.