★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Kongregate
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 180.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0.25
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 2.7 (3)
App description: You're cast away on a TROPICAL ISLAND. Become the leader of SURVIVORS in this lost PARADISE. Take them on an ADVENTURE of a lifetime - build a base, explore mysteries or forage treasures.

FIGHT vicious enemies, tame savage beasts, kindle romance and solve RIDDLES. When the island SPEAKS to you, will you answer?

FEATURES:
-Lead a group of shipwrecked using simple gestures
-Choose your adventure
-Explore a huge lush world
-Experience a talking island
-Fight countless dangers that lurk behind every bush
-Forage resources to survive
-Build a base and upgrade structures
-Craft weapons and tools
-Discover a gripping storyline
-Uncover the terrible secret of Tinker Island

WARNING: No wifi on the island. You're on your own!

Please note: Tinker Island is free to play, however, some additional items can be purchased for real money or through special offers. If you don't wish to use this feature, please adjust your device's settings. By installing this game you agree to Terms of Service published here: http://www.trickytribe.com/index.php/terms-of-use/

touchy85's comments:

Tinker Island: Survival Adventure

Kongregate
Genres: Games Puzzle Adventure
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
You're cast away on a TROPICAL ISLAND. Become the leader of SURVIVORS in this lost PARADISE. Take them on an ADVENTURE of a lifetime - build a base, explore mysteries or forage treasures.

FIGHT vicious enemies, tame savage beasts, kindle romance and solve RIDDLES. When the island SPEAKS to you, will you answer?

FEATURES:
-Lead a group of shipwrecked using simple gestures
-Choose your own adventure
-Explore a huge lush world
-Experience a talking island
-Fight countless dangers that lurk behind every bush
-Forage resources to survive
-Build a base and upgrade structures
-Craft weapons and tools
-Discover a gripping storyline
-Uncover the terrible secret of Tinker Island

WARNING: No wifi on the island. You're on your own!

Please note: Tinker Island is free to play, however, some additional items can be purchased for real money or through special offers. If you don't wish to use this feature, please adjust your device's settings. By installing this game you agree to Terms of Service published here: http://www.trickytribe.com/index.php/terms-of-use/

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 67.3MB

07-27-2016, 09:00 AM
This game is excellent! Been playing all night.
It's like a gamebook + card game + RPG + RTS.
Or something.

At first I was thinking ohhh well, not my type of game. Then it was 2 hours later.
Really fun

When the map opens up and you have more survivors it gets really fun.

👍🏽

07-27-2016, 01:23 PM
Really digging this game. The IAP is insane though. Got a "special starter bundle" with a survivor and some gems for 50% off so I thought sure. Figured it'd be about 5$. 10.99$ and that's 50% off. Are you kidding me?

Gems are somewhat plentiful by watching ads or getting from fights. But it still pales in comparison to the prices. The cheapest survivor is I think 400 gems and the rest being 1000+. Buying supplies with gems is an absolute waste.

1.39$ for 250 gems. Which is such a small amount you can rush a few actions. You need to spend 7$ (I'm in Canadian dollars) to get 1400 which would allow you to buy a survivor. To buy all the survivors would require a significant amount of money to be spent.

So I think the IAP is horrible. But the game itself is great. Eventually it gets to the point where you send your guys out then just wait. I've got about 20 minutes in and now I've got a 55 minute wait for them to build a hut. It's got some pop ups that give you choices and depending on your answers you'll get boosts or debuffs.

Recommend downloading it and trying it. So far not spending a cent the game is mostly playable but we'll see how long that lasts before it gets unplayably long wait times.
07-27-2016, 01:26 PM
So, what are the IAPs?
07-28-2016, 03:12 AM
WoW this game's concept is truly great and lots of fun!
... but the grinding and payment models ruins it.... goddamn I was so into this until it became a waiting game after about half an hour I guess?

What you do is you assign your party members to different tasks and then wait until they have completed them which in turn fills up a progress bar and after that bar is filled one of several things happen (depending on the assign tasks):
- Built a building, gathered resources or explored a piece of map which unlocks more recepies or events.

The events are well done, the writing is pretty good and even though the personal level of your dudes does not really reach x com level as they are just "your people" but i really enjoyed it.

The problem is that your people will complete a task and add +9 to a bar of 160 points after 1 minute (which will progressively get worse) and then you have to repeat that until this objective is done ... multiple times, while not really having something else to do in the meantime.

You can spend gems to finish the task more quickly and if you really want to experience non stop story you should. Point being is that those diamonds are very rare in my experience (adds give you ONE-TWO!) and the starter pack as someone mentioned is super expensive...

Overall great promise with good writing and ok execution but ruined by the waiting game which heavily Incentives you to buy gems. Real shame.
07-28-2016, 03:56 AM
Does this game after playing for a while leave u with "what am I going to do next " syndrome?
07-28-2016, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinoaHeartily View Post
Does this game after playing for a while leave u with "what am I going to do next " syndrome?
I don't think so give it a try
07-28-2016, 05:01 AM
I think this game is specially designed to catch whale spenders.
07-28-2016, 05:09 AM
Crashes a lot for me on an iPod touch 5th gen running the latest iOS
07-28-2016, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabianb View Post
I think this game is specially designed to catch whale spenders.
Agreed. This is a total rip off. The timers for everything (gaining resources, exploring new lands, healing your citizens) go up to such big numbers after only about 30mins of play time, that it is just no game, without paying "constantly".

And then they give you 2600 gems with the starter pack (8 bucks) and it seems much, but it is NOTHING compared to other free2play games.

Its an absolute disgrace. Shameful product - wanted to like it, even spent the 8 bucks, now throwing it from my ipad.

Last edited by Rosso; 07-30-2016 at 09:44 AM.