Any MMORPG suggestions for iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Slate, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Game Taster
    Wisconsin
    I am looking for a MMO to play. I am hoping there is one out there that I just am not aware of. I am good with a true RPG or a hack-n-slash. Ultimately one where I can level up a character and there is loot to equip to become stronger.

Any suggestions? The game does not need to be "massive". A small game with a dedicated user base is good too. The only thing I would like to avoid is excessive iAP. I do mind paying for a game but I do not like seeing ads every 2 seconds.

Thanks!

2. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    You could take a look at King of Knights. A very small MMO with a big following after just a week. It runs on an iPad in landscape mode. It has character levelling. It has loot equipping and upgrading; and that's about it. Nothing else to do. The hacking and the slashing is automated. Advertising is optional. One ad = 5 extra fight tickets. There is of course a well-stocked IAP shop. It's all very simple and loads quickly, which usually ensures good support.

3. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Game Taster
    Wisconsin
    Made an attempt but just cannot get into it.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

4. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Order and Chaos 1 and 2
    Tai chi Panda (Arpg MMO)
    Dungeon Hunter V (Arpg MMO)

5. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Game Taster
    Wisconsin
    I may be enjoying tai chi panda. Not sure if I am lucky but I got an item that boosted me to 23 in my first 10 min.

Still looking for that "diamond in the rough" game.

6. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Order and Chaos 2 is very fun, but if you are playing free you will be spending a lot of time in inventory management. Of course, most MMOs these days require a ton of time in inventory management even if you are paying so it's not that out of the ordinary.

Taichi Panda 2: Heroes has a very MMO feel, as does Age of Wushu, but are more strictly 3-star solo instances with some group content than actual a living and breathing MMO. Forsaken World Mobile does a good job of incorporating the MMO feel with auto-battling mechanics but it suffers from the inclusion of the auto-questing (like Age of Wushu), thus totally eliminating any incentive for exploring.

If you are looking for a huge world and tons of hours to sink in with other people in a very co-op environment, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is perfect for you. The group play is amazing. It's not an MMO but the world feels big enough to be.

7. digitalphil

digitalphil Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Celtic Heroes might be one you want to try.

8. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Game Taster
    Wisconsin
    It's been a couple weeks so I am going to refresh this post in the hopes someone has a great suggestion. I have tried the ones listed and a couple are good but I am just looking to see what else may be out there.

Thanks!

9. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    There was one called Graal or something.

10. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Graal online era,pretty much GTA online for iOS,I'm playing it for 4 years now (ofc i was leaving and coming back).

11. West

West New Member

Nov 22, 2016
    ConquerOnline is great but looking for a betteripad app than it my self too. The other games here kinda lame to me. Any one know a better game than Conquer? Like zomg at one end or zuonline at the other. RIP to both some time.