★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: This game cannot be played without the Apple Watch.

A tragic tale of time's cruelty unfolds in Square Enix's first Apple Watch-exclusive RPG!

A dark and timeless world

The Goddess is gone and time has stopped. Now it's up to you to traverse the Rift and stand against those who would see its flow stilled forever. Regrettably, the path to saving the Goddess of Time is not an easy one.

The past and present meet

Retro pixel art and the Apple Watch's cutting edge graphics come together to tell an unforgettable story.

Simple, but engaging battles

While normal attacks are automatic, you must leverage powerful skills and strengthen your sword to make it through the Rift.

An Apple Watch experience

The power of time is in your hands. Simply use the Digital Crown to turn back the clock! Certain conditions may also earn you special messages.
07-28-2016, 12:53 PM
Break out your watches ...

07-28-2016, 01:28 PM
I got super excited and went crazy happy for a second until I realized this was the apple watch only game :/ sigh..

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
07-28-2016, 02:34 PM
Hah, I was seriously thinking of getting this for a second, but then I remembered that my Apple Watch isn't a legit Apple Watch

Last edited by Nekko; 07-28-2016 at 02:37 PM.
07-28-2016, 03:59 PM
I love my Apple Watch and I like RPGs

BUT...I just can't see this working....

Gamecenter I.D - defard
Xbox One - defard2001
PS4 - defard
Feel free to add me peeps!
07-28-2016, 10:09 PM
Quick Rundown

Hey all,

I took the plunge and purchased this 6 dollar Apple Watch game.

I love idle games/clickers, so take anything I say with that in mind.

This game is an idle game. Where you battle through days, broken down into 12 hours. Each of these hours has a different amount of monsters to beat (first 2 hours have 10, second 2 have 20). After beating these monsters you have to be a boss. These bosses attack and take away from your timer. You have 30 minutes to get as far as you can, but, after beating an hour, you can rewind time, restart the 30 minute countdown clock, and try to get further.

You have special abilities you can activate that take a short time to recharge.

You use the crown to upgrade your weapon (of which there is only 1, from what I can tell).

After beating bosses you get artifacts that upgrade... something.

As weird as it sounds to say, this is a pretty in depth idle game, with an interesting story (the time god broke the rules of time, pausing it to please the people on whatever planet they rule, and the time goddess died... or was taken. So he has to get her back by battling time... baddies.), and beautiful graphics. It has a great feel so far and, because it was paid, I expect there will be some grinding, but not nearly as much as most other idle/clicker games.

I'll keep playing and post back on here, if I have more thoughts.
07-28-2016, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the impressions!

I have no doubt this would be a great game if compared to other Apple Watch games. In fact if I had an Apple Watch, this would probably be the first game I would purchase. Since I don't have one I just have automatic disappointment that it's not a "full" RPG like CR3.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
07-29-2016, 03:24 AM
The game is fun and fast en iches the RPG grind that lovers of this genre so desire. :-)
07-29-2016, 10:48 AM
I hope I will remember this title when the Apple Watch 2 is released. I never go for the first generation.
07-29-2016, 12:52 PM
This is the best Apple Watch game I have ever played since rules / lifeline ! Wooo quality !