★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

(Music app) flux:Play->free!

07-29-2016, 05:45 AM
(Music app) flux:Play->free!

I typed a long post about this which the TA thread ate. So check it out for yourself!
07-29-2016, 06:11 AM
Free is the iPhone app only. Tested on iPad Pro. Very recommended! (Regular price: $€4.99.)

The video is from the (better equipped) iPad app:

More videos @ the dev's YT channel.

A user review from the US store:

Quote:
Amazing sound engine. However there is no fine control over parameters (other than an X/Y) and you can only pick from pre-made effects chains. This is a tough one for musicians like me who are hoping for more control over their live sound. Unfortunately a lot of developers forget that not everyone owns an iPad or wants to lug one around when their iPhone or iPod is plenty big enough to use and doesn’t feel as clunky.

I remember getting really excited about this iPhone port coming out but it’s severely stripped down and there’s not enough control to make it anything more than a neat sounds toy for me. That being said the engine is amazing and it does let you generally get some pretty wild effects and there are a ton of effect chains even if you can’t individually select anything. If you’re not trying to do serious audio processing this will definitely let you spice up your audio!
I've put some more music making apps freebies in this posting, save 30+ bucks:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...2&postcount=12

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
07-29-2016, 09:21 AM
Thanks Habakuk!
07-29-2016, 10:10 AM
Thanks Habakuk!
I don't know much about making music. Would love it if I did!!! ( Otherwise; I would take advantage of those fantastic deals you posted in the other thread)
Maybe playing around with this one will help.
07-30-2016, 02:34 AM
You're welcome, Greyskull & Lavender!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
Thanks Habakuk!
I don't know much about making music. Would love it if I did!!! ( Otherwise; I would take advantage of those fantastic deals you posted in the other thread)
Maybe playing around with this one will help.
There are several music making apps in the store where you don't need any skills. Start with the freebies Skram, Arpist and Thin Pan Rhythm (links in the other thread). It's the software that helps you out. What do we have computers for?! They save us from learning instruments and music theory for years!

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)