★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Opinion on banner ad I'm planning on running on TA

10-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Opinion on banner ad I'm planning on running on TA

Hey all,

I'm planning on running a banner ad on toucharcade as well as appmodo but I'm not an expert at marketing so I was wondering if you guys could give me some feedback on my first draft of it.

http://www.championsoft.com/stuntdriverapp

Please be harsh, the more critical, the better I can make the ad
10-13-2009, 08:44 PM
You said be harsh: Can't read the black text very well, don't love the wording of it either, and needs to look somehow more bada**

Want Updates & Giveaways with Personality? Follow @TapDatApp on Twitter

10-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Ya I also thought that black text kinda sucked. I want it to convey more of the game but its only so much space
10-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Send a message via MSN to spidey146 Send a message via Yahoo to spidey146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tap Dat App View Post
You said be harsh: Can't read the black text very well, don't love the wording of it either, and needs to look somehow more bada**
+1

you have to show more of what the game is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.
10-13-2009, 09:21 PM
The black text is very hard to read, so people that just scan over your ad probably won't bother to read it. Instead of having a sentence there you could try just some solid adjectives, such as "innovative. interactive. iPhone." Thats just an idea i'm throwing out there. Having a lot of text on an ad is usually a bad idea, you need something very quick and to the point.

The font for stunt drive looks a little aliased (jagged pixels). I don't know if you are using photoshop, but if you are you can just change the anti-aliasing settings on the font to fix that. Not a huge deal if you can't, but it would help the overall look.

I like the left car image, as it kind of leads you in and points you to the ad text. I don't like the one on the right so much, it difficult to tell what is going on, is it driving on a red canyon about to go off a cliff or is it already flying in the air over the red canyon? Looking at the game screenshots I can see what is going on, but with this crop it is difficult to tell. If you could show more of the river to give more context I think it would help.

Those are just my suggestions, I am no marketing expert or even anything close so take them for a grain of salt
10-13-2009, 09:55 PM
The anecdotal evidence I have seen suggests that you will not make your money back on ads if you are charging 99 cents for a game.

Unfortunately I can't find any good links in the last 5 minutes of searching.
10-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclardy View Post
The black text is very hard to read, so people that just scan over your ad probably won't bother to read it. Instead of having a sentence there you could try just some solid adjectives, such as "innovative. interactive. iPhone." Thats just an idea i'm throwing out there. Having a lot of text on an ad is usually a bad idea, you need something very quick and to the point.

The font for stunt drive looks a little aliased (jagged pixels). I don't know if you are using photoshop, but if you are you can just change the anti-aliasing settings on the font to fix that. Not a huge deal if you can't, but it would help the overall look.

I like the left car image, as it kind of leads you in and points you to the ad text. I don't like the one on the right so much, it difficult to tell what is going on, is it driving on a red canyon about to go off a cliff or is it already flying in the air over the red canyon? Looking at the game screenshots I can see what is going on, but with this crop it is difficult to tell. If you could show more of the river to give more context I think it would help.

Those are just my suggestions, I am no marketing expert or even anything close so take them for a grain of salt
Thanks for your feedback. Based on it what do you think of this new one?

10-13-2009, 10:01 PM
A lack of price and incentive wording to "buy now" is going to be your biggest barrier.

We Are Pocket Monkey Games
Website | Twitter | Facebook

•Our Games on the AppStore•
10-13-2009, 10:26 PM
The point of a banner is to show off a game and it's features. What you have right now is just two cars. Any car game has cars.
Show something like a car flipping in mid-air. That'll probably catch some attention.
10-13-2009, 10:36 PM
I tried to show that left car thats flipping, but since its just a picture its hard to convey the flipping motion.