★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Battletaire Pro released!

10-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Battletaire Pro released!

Hi all,
Battletaire Pro has just been approved by Apple! Battletaire Pro puzzles are created by Conceptis Puzzles, the master puzzle maker that provides puzzles you see in newspapers and GAME magazines. These puzzles have one solution and are completely solved with pure logic. Other upgrades include better graphics, OpenFeint achievements, background music and a more intuitive user-interface over the original Battletaire app. The original Battletaire was selected New and Noteworthy in March of 2009. The Pro version builds on the fun and challenging aspects of the original game. The puzzle involves finding the location of the 10 hidden ships using the numbers along the grid as guides. You must use your logical deduction and reasoning skills as you solve these highly addictive puzzles.

Download the game at:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=332127057&mt=8

Check out the YouTube video of game play at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqsEARnk2xw

The initial release comes with 66 puzzles with more to come. Try it out and let us know what you think. As always, great reviews are appreciated.

Thanks
Desired Logic
10-13-2009, 10:22 PM
app store info

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

10-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Previous thread

Earlier version of the game:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=12750

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

Last edited by djflippy; 10-13-2009 at 10:57 PM.
10-13-2009, 11:37 PM
Thanks djflippy!

For adding the app store info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
10-14-2009, 02:20 PM
My son and I were fans of the first Battletaire, and this new version has improved on things quite a bit, both in atmosphere and the actual puzzle solving. I highly recommend it.
10-20-2009, 12:33 AM
Battletaire Pro Featured in UK and Australia!

We just got featured in "Staff Favorites" in the UK and Australia!!!

Thanks to all who have purchased our game!
11-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Downloaded lite version today which has 33 puzzles. The full version has 66. My question is does the full version have the same 33 puzzles from the lite version? I'm glad the ONE unique solution came out. As for the low ratings not much you can do but obviously people will download this just based on screenshots only and rate it a 1 star thinking it was battleship game and be sorely disappointed. So perhaps some how, some way make the distinction clear that this is a pure logic puzzle.

edit: one small issue I'm having with the lite version (probably better in full not sure with the no ad) is I can't swipe unless I zoom in just a tad. Once zoomed in it works but then can't see bottom or right side of numbers. The numbers should be constant on edges of screen no matter where the user navigates too. For an excellent example of this check out Color Cross $1 or just get the demo of it.

Last edited by mrbass; 11-06-2009 at 04:38 PM.
11-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Hi mrbass,
Yes, the full version does include the same 33 from the Lite version. We are planning on adding more to the full version over time.

We are a bit disappointed at the 1 star ratings. If you have any suggestions on how to make the battleship/logic puzzle distinction more clear, please let me know.

Thanks for your support!
Desired Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
Downloaded lite version today which has 33 puzzles. The full version has 66. My question is does the full version have the same 33 puzzles from the lite version? I'm glad the ONE unique solution came out. As for the low ratings not much you can do but obviously people will download this just based on screenshots only and rate it a 1 star thinking it was battleship game and be sorely disappointed. So perhaps some how, some way make the distinction clear that this is a pure logic puzzle.
11-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Went ahead and purchased Full version after trying out lite version. Only needed a few to convince me this is the real deal. My previous comment about not being able to slide water without zooming you can ignore. I think I didn't have enough human grease on my finger previously.
11-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Thanks for your purchase! mrbass, you were one of the driving forces behind this as you kept on me for a single solution puzzle. Thanks for all your suggestions to improve the game and your 5 star review. I hope other people find this puzzle stimulating and challenging too.

Desired Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
Went ahead and purchased Full version after trying out lite version. Only needed a few to convince me this is the real deal. My previous comment about not being able to slide water without zooming you can ignore. I think I didn't have enough human grease on my finger previously.