★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY: The newest game from the team behind the main franchise!

Key Features:

A deep story and stunning visuals.
Experience an exciting story penned by Kazushige Nojima of FINAL FANTASY VII and FINAL FANTASY X fame, visualized with 3-D graphics never before seen in an RPG for mobile phones!
Each chapter release will be accompanied by grand in-game events adding new playable content and exciting customization items for your character!

A new and refined RPG turn-based battle.
Experience a new battle system specifically designed for mobile devices, creating highly tactical battles where each action flows into the next, chaining attacks and abilities in a rhythmic flow that brings destruction to your foes!

FINAL FANTASY's vaunted "Job System" returns.
Delve into a deep character customization system allowing for a near limitless number of combinations between job classes and specialized elemental abilities.
Choose your job, build your "deck," and destroy your enemies!

Story: The Warrior of Light

Despair has cast a long, dark shadow across this land. The winds have stopped, the seas churn, and the earth rots.

The people await for a hero to appearthe hero foretold in an ancient prophecy: "When darkness shrouds the land, the Warrior of Light will come. Hope rides in his wake."

After a long journey across the Ether, castaways without pasts appear on the shores of Palamecia. One of them is destined to become the warrior of legend.

You stand among them.

Are you the hero whom the prophecy foretells?

Recommended Devices
iPhone 5 or later, 3rd Generation iPad or later, iPad mini 2 or later, 6th Generation iPod touch or later.

Operating System
iOS 7.0 or later
(Compatible with Metal API for iOS 8.0 and above)

* We cannot guarantee proper performance on devices other than those listed above.
Please confirm that your device model is listed before downloading this app.
08-03-2016, 07:10 AM
Mobius Final Fantasy hits the US AppStore!

Final Fantasy fans, get ready for a pretty cool new Final Fantasy experience with Mobius Final Fantasy! Although the game is FREEMIUM and online-only, it is certainly worth playing! I'm not sure whether SQUARE ENIX is using Crystal Tools, Luminous Engine, or some other in-house engine for the graphics, but they are gorgeous nonetheless on both iPhone and iPad!

As for the dealing with the FREEMIUM model mechanics, there is essentially ONE type of premium currency. This currency can be earned through daily logins, special events, battle loot, treasure chests, daily missions, etc., so don't feel forced to make a purchase. You can become very powerful without spending any real money.

Gameplay-wise, there are cards involved...you level them up and equip Wol (the Warrior of Light) [Main Character] with them, then you may go to battle and fight. Physical (normal) attacks and Special (using cards/special moves) attacks can be performed during battle. There IS an amount of strategy involved, so don't even think about Auto-Playing everything...there were some battles that I won just by the skin of my teeth thanks to using the right strategies and good timing. Overall, it's a fun experience!

P.S. - Be sure to have well over 2 GB of space available on your device.

Please enjoy the game!

-Not a SE Employee

Last edited by senkoujin; 08-03-2016 at 07:14 AM.

08-03-2016, 07:37 AM
Could anyone please confirm how F2P is the game? Like senkoujin said? Would it be too much to hope for permanent premium boosters, not just consumables?
08-03-2016, 08:00 AM
Holy mother of god it looks downright amazing cant wait to try this out tonight !
08-03-2016, 10:16 AM
Please tell me you can customize and get rid of that hairstyle and face. I am absolutely sick and tired of these femboys in their titles.
08-03-2016, 11:09 AM
Gone live
08-03-2016, 11:13 AM
Black screen on loadup...hmm...

Edit: Just let it sit for 20 minutes and still on black screen...

Last edited by Jakeopp; 08-03-2016 at 11:33 AM.
08-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Is there anything to save the game like facebook login or SquareEnix login ? I'm still at ios9.0.2 and my GameCenter are not working
08-03-2016, 11:34 AM
Played around 30 minutes and feels awesome.

08-03-2016, 11:46 AM
It's ok... But the monthly subscription for extra daily rewards and gifts is $19. LOL

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword