★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: MobileBus
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 13.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: SPECIAL LIMITED TIME OFFER AT 0.99$!!

Join in the adventures of Astro Boy, the young robot with astonishing powers, super strength and an ability to fly. Journey with him through Metro city and beyond and take on his arch rivals with special weapons.

The first OFFICAL Astroboy game available for the iPhone and iTouch, lets you take control of your favorite character through 6 action packed levels. Your goal is to cross all hurdles in your path, destroy all the vicious villains for a final showdown with Pluto, the worlds strongest robot.

Great graphics: Rich and stunning visuals
Smart features: Intuitive accelerometer controls with touchpad options make it easy to play
Challenging: 6 levels with increasing difficulty.
Global Leaderboard: Compete with Astroboy fans around the world through an online leaderboard provided by Scoreloop
Challenge friends: Challenge your friends to a game through Buddy Challenge provided by Scoreloop
10-14-2009, 12:18 AM
No flippin way. This was one of the most enjoyable GBA games ever. Obviously not the same game, but interesting.

10-14-2009, 12:19 AM
HOLY SHIT YES! Too bad I won't be buying it; I only settle for the real thing AKA Astro Boy: Omega Factor. Still, this portends a good future!

First game in progress...
10-14-2009, 12:22 AM
This is tied in to a film release or something, right? I must have spotted Astroboy on a hanging monitor in the ticket hall of a cinema at the weekend.

If this was the GBA game I may not have been able to resist.
10-14-2009, 03:22 AM
anyone tried it yet? i'm a bit dubious about it
10-14-2009, 03:57 AM
It's good to hear the game about the great hero.

Puzzle game Falling Match = Tetris + Color match 3 + Physics.
10-23-2009, 10:10 AM
It's on limited time sale for $0.99

Have any of you guys bought and played it? I tried looking for some gameplay clips on YouTube but couldn't find any. Is it any good?

I'm interested to get this because at least it's the original AstroBoy, not the fvcked up CGI version. Seriously, I hate the film version.
10-23-2009, 10:28 AM
I also liked the GBA game. For a buck, I'll give it a try and let you know what I think. just got to work though so it'll be a little while

Battle Born Music
gamecenter name = battlebornmusic.com
10-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I also love the original Atom aka Astroboy, as you can see
The true icon of manga/anime culture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4100.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	9574  

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
10-23-2009, 10:53 AM
N'thing that if this was a port of the GBA game (which was developed by Treasure, who are really, really good), I'd buy it in a heartbeat. As it is, I'll wait on positive feedback before grabbing this one.