★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Crazy Tanks or Alien Mangle!

12-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Crazy Tanks or Alien Mangle!

I'm trying to decide between the two.
Are there any problems with Crazy Tanks, I've heard that you need to play on a flat surface is that true?
Haven't been following the alienmangle thread so I haven't heard much about it.
Thanks!
12-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Get crazy tanks now (there is tilt calibration, so the flat surface thing is complete rubbish) and when you get the chance get alienmangle after

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago

12-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Alienmangle!!!!
12-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Thanks both of you!
I think I'm going to get crazy tanks.
But are there any problems with alienmangle, does it have good controls or high replayabilty?
12-25-2008, 05:54 PM
I have both, love 'em both. You have to get both!!!! Both developers (my two favs Phart and Bootant) are very responsive and previous games from them have been updated with useful content frequently.

It's two bucks man!

Pablo19 I haven't gotten the calibration to work in plane r rank, any suggestions?

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
12-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
I have both, love 'em both. You have to get both!!!! Both developers (my two favs Phart and Bootant) are very responsive and previous games from them have been updated with useful content frequently.

It's two bucks man!

Pablo19 I haven't gotten the calibration to work in plane r rank, any suggestions?
you talking about biiplane? I don't own that one. I might just buy it if it is still at .99 cents though

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
12-25-2008, 06:01 PM
My bad, I meant in biiplane or in tanks. It just says to set the device on a flat surface, then press calibrate. So if I want to play in any other position it won't accept me pressing calibrate.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
12-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello View Post
Thanks both of you!
I think I'm going to get crazy tanks.
But are there any problems with alienmangle, does it have good controls or high replayabilty?
I believe it has very high re-playability, because it is sort of a minigame type game. just pick up and blast some zombies the controls take maybe 5 minutes to get used to, but then it's all good from their. Best FPS controls yet!

Just buy both though! TWO BUCKS!
12-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
You should get both. There are several pros (and a couple cons) for each game, and they both level out, so I don't think it'd be easy to pick just one. Before I list the pros and cons of each game, I wanted to say both developers do an excellent good job of keeping their games updated, so their games are almost always changing for the better.

AlienMangle
Pros:
- 3D!
- relatively high quality FPS
- extremely cheap, $1
- LOTS of fun shooting the aliens

Cons:
- only a few weapons to pick from
- game is very fun at first, but gets boring after a bit of playing
- very repetitive; every mission is the same, but with a longer path to get to the safe area

CrazyTanks
Pros:
- also 3D! artwork/graphics look nice
- very polished and professional looking
- also very cheap for only a buck
- a lot of replayability
- Different levels to pick from
- Powerups to make gameplay more interesting

Cons:
- the game can be a little bit on the easy side, while AM is much more challenging at times
- it's a little bit short (although the dev is working on lots of new features for it right now, including new levels and I think deathmatch mode is on the way)

They are both some of the best games to get for $1, but they are missing a couple small features (for now) that would easily make them some of the very best games out right now for iPhone. They are both equally great in their own ways, and they will be improved over time. They are both new games, so you can't expect the devs to get them 100% perfect on the first try (although, they are close).

I hope this post helps. You really need to buy both.

PS I just got back on the computer and realized I didn't submit my post. I typed this up about 30 mins ago, so the OP may have already bought one of the games by now. :P Hopefully this isn't too late and it'll still help.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-25-2008, 08:46 PM
alien mangle all the way but if you have the money buy both theyre both really good

DinoSmash online id: *DoMbAv94* (stars included)
I LOVE THE IPOTCH!!!!!!
App reviewer on Appmania!
CarJack Streets Promo Code Giveaway!!!