★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: POCKET GAMER - 9/10 - "This is a rich and stunning third person adventure"
APPLENAPPS - 4/5 - "Simply one of the most deluxe experiences you can find in the App Store"

Eisenhorn: XENOS' is an immersive, fully 3D adventure game, adapted from Xenos', the first book in Games Workshop's best-selling Eisenhorn' trilogy, written by award winning author Dan Abnett.

Set in the grim, dark future of Warhammer 40,000 Eisenhorn: XENOS' lets you experience firsthand the story of Gregor Eisenhorn, an Inquisitor and member of the Ordo Xenos', sent out to fight and protect the Imperium of man from anything that may threaten it.

Players will get to play through and experience the events of 'Xenos' as Eisenhorn himself (as voiced by Mark Strong), exploring the vast expanse of the Warhammer 40k universe in ways never seen before.

Game Features:

- Fully 3D exploration using agility, tech scanners, and psychic powers.
- A party system where the player can choose which characters to accompany them on missions. Different characters will enhance varying aspects of Eisenhorn's skills.
- Unlock and utilise the Imperium's most iconic weaponry.
- Fully voiced acted, with Mark Strong providing the voice for Eisenhorn.
- Full support of MFi game controllers and iCloud saving.

To OPTIMIZE your playing experience, you may want to turn off other apps before playing.

IMPORTANT! 'Eisenhorn: XENOS' has been developed to run only for iPhone 5S, iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, iPod Touch 6th Generation and up.

Developed by Pixel Hero Games

WEB: www.pixelherogames.com
TWITTER: @PixelHeroGames
FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/pixelherogames
YOUTUBE: www.youtube.com/user/pixelherogames
08-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Wow awesome graphics , any impressions on this one did anyone try?

08-09-2016, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebo_beta2002 View Post
Wow awesome graphics , any impressions on this one did anyone try?
Just came out, think people are waiting to download it as it 3gb
08-09-2016, 05:13 PM
Nice, been waiting for this goodness. Now I just have to wait for the download to finish.
08-09-2016, 05:14 PM
I want it to release in Germany, too :/
08-09-2016, 05:23 PM
Yes! Downloading now. Pretty excited. From all I've read & seen this should be a pretty fun game.
08-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Three words: BUY. THIS. NOW.

Anyone remember the game Spiral Ep1, but never really took off in sales and never got the sequels? That was one amazing game but unfortunately didnt get the attention it deserved.

The devs didnt give up though, coz now, Pixelhero is back with Eisenhorn Xenos and the game is FANTASTIC.

Controls are spot on. Floating v-stick on the left side of the screen for movement, and action buttons on the right side. There are also small ability buttons on the left of the movement vstick area, and these are mostly actions that require single taps and dont hinder controlling movement at all. There are 2 sets of buttons representing combat controls, and exploration controls. Im not going into details but they work really well.

Visuals. Been a while since we got good looking 3D environments and characters. This game came out on the PC first before they released it to mobile (i dont think it was a port coz the releases were announced at the same time, just release dates were different), so that means changing a few things in between the platforms to make it run on mobile devices. The only things i can instantly recognize missing on the mobile version are the some lighting effects when i was looking at videos of the PC version. The PC effects had more high-end lighting effects, and those are the ones i can see right away. The resolution is also a bit lower, but overall, Eisenhorn Xenos on my ipad air looks amazing.

Sounds. The main character Gregor Eisenhorn is voiced by Mark Strong, and i love his work here. Sometimes the dialogue exchanges arent timed well in between characters, but the sound effects and voice acting are easily better than most games, especially on mobile. BGM is icing, and works well to set the tone of the scenes.

The game also has very good platforming elements reminiscent of God of War titles, and there are hidden nooks and crannies that can be explored as well, due to the game's nice map layouts.

I need to go somewhere now so i cant finish this post yet, but i highly recommend checking the game out.

Will add more later when i come back home. Cheers!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Hi Guys,

One of the developers here!

Just to let you know there will be an update coming (hopefully within the next 24 hours). Fixes for some silly bugs on iOS (not game breaking) and some improvements. Apologies in advance... hopefully apple pushes it through quickly.

As far as the file size, the game is pretty massive in terms of custom content :P

Hope you all enjoy!
08-09-2016, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Three words: BUY. THIS. NOW.

Anyone remember the game Spiral Ep1, but never really took off in sales and never got the sequels? That was one amazing game but unfortunately didnt get the attention it deserved.

The devs didnt give up though, coz now, Pixelhero is back with Eisenhorn Xenos and the game is FANTASTIC.

Controls are spot on. Floating v-stick on the left side of the screen for movement, and action buttons on the right side. There are also small ability buttons on the left of the movement vstick area, and these are mostly actions that require single taps and dont hinder controlling movement at all. There are 2 sets of buttons representing combat controls, and exploration controls. Im not going into details but they work really well.

Visuals. Been a while since we got good looking 3D environments and characters. This game came out on the PC first before they released it to mobile (i dont think it was a port coz the releases were announced at the same time, just release dates were different), so that means changing a few things in between the platforms to make it run on mobile devices. The only things i can instantly recognize missing on the mobile version are the some lighting effects when i was looking at videos of the PC version. The PC effects had more high-end lighting effects, and those are the ones i can see right away. The resolution is also a bit lower, but overall, Eisenhorn Xenos on my ipad air looks amazing.

Sounds. The main character Gregor Eisenhorn is voiced by Mark Strong, and i love his work here. Sometimes the dialogue exchanges arent timed well in between characters, but the sound effects and voice acting are easily better than most games, especially on mobile. BGM is icing, and works well to set the tone of the scenes.

The game also has very good platforming elements reminiscent of God of War titles, and there are hidden nooks and crannies that can be explored as well, due to the game's nice map layouts.

I need to go somewhere now so i cant finish this post yet, but i highly recommend checking the game out.

Will add more later when i come back home. Cheers!

Cheers for the impressions!

If you're running on ipad Air, that is the minimum supported device, and a lot of the nicer graphical features are switched off.

It looks VERY close to the P.C. version on an ipad Air2 or better
08-09-2016, 05:34 PM
Nader, this may be stupid but I gotta ask: Does the game use any of Apple's app thinning? I ask because I'm downloading the game over 3G on my laptop (my WiFi is garbage) and I'm gonna sync it to my phone through iFunBox ('coz I just don't trust iTunes to not screw something up). If this update is pushed through in the next 24 hours, am I gonna have to download the entire thing again or are those bug fixes being pushed through a delta update?

Does this make any sense? >_>

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"