★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: * IMPORTANT * Midnight Star: Renegade requires an iPhone 5s (or newer), an iPad Mini 2 (or newer), or an iPad Air (or newer).

Get on your jump boots and pack your grenades and rocket mags. It's time for FPS madness!

Craft your own weapons and gear while ascending the ranks of the GMSC's elite Renegade forces. Shooting combat spans fast, action-packed levels as you unravel the mysteries left behind by a space faring civilization that went missing 22,000 years ago.

SHOOT ALIENS
Born on mobile, Renegade offers the best in shooting action on your touchscreen. Run around levels using directional swipes and touch to shoot a wide range of pistols, rifles, rockets and grenades.

CRAFT WEAPONS
Play the way you want as you build your Renegade's gear from a huge variety of available parts. Choose burst fire over auto fire for close quarters or explosive rocket ordinance and jump boots to let you fly and destroy- the options are limitless.

EARN RANK
Multiplayer mode lets you compete against your fellow Renegades. Upgrade your gear and enter the fray with daily and weekly challenges for huge rewards.

A DEEP STORY
Crafted with Hugo-winning author John Scalzi, Renegade puts you in the pivotal role of an elite GMSC soldier fighting to unlock the secrets of a long lost alien race before the Dust Empire beats us to it! You'll shoot aliens, recover archives, rescue POWs and a lot more on your journey to victory.

Boardumb's comments:

08-10-2016, 11:33 PM
Oh man that trailer! Okay I'm sold. It looks damn good. Gonna go ahead and download it.

Interesting choice with the graphics. I wonder what the reason was. Btw I absolutely loved the first midnight star but eventually removed it because my device was running low on space. I wonder if these graphics will help keep the file size down (or at least I hope so).

And I hope this is as good as the trailer looks!

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My art: http://pixiv.me/raidriar // Gamecenter ID: raidriar

08-10-2016, 11:48 PM
Main page says its out why isn't it out yet
08-10-2016, 11:53 PM
It's actually quite fun. Great for pick up and play sessions. My only issue is with the fact that this one require constant internet connection unfortunately. That was one of the big reasons I played the original so much since I could play it anywhere and didn't worry about servers. Oh well.

But if you're okay with that, I think this is a pretty solid shooter with lots to customize.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My art: http://pixiv.me/raidriar // Gamecenter ID: raidriar
08-11-2016, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
Main page says its out why isn't it out yet
I think the old soft launch thread is screwing with the download link showing up at the top. Here's a direct link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midnight-star-renegade/id1019005722?mt=8

If that doesn't work search for the first Midnight Star and click on other apps by this developer and it should show up.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
08-11-2016, 02:33 AM
Can't get it to download!!!
08-11-2016, 03:49 AM
It's early on.... But so far pretty dam satisfying. Takes a few getting used to as its not your traditional walk around fps. It's on rails... You have very limited control of your avatar... But it's not bad at all.
08-11-2016, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain1dog View Post
It's early on.... But so far pretty dam satisfying. Takes a few getting used to as its not your traditional walk around fps. It's on rails... You have very limited control of your avatar... But it's not bad at all.
The first game is on rails too, so i'm not suprise much it's better if we don't need constant internet connection like the first one
08-11-2016, 06:56 AM
K I was trying to keep my mouth shut but I can't.
How does this require an iPad Air and up if Nova 3,Mc4,Dead Trigger 2 probably look better than this game AND are not even on rails?Sorry,just can't say anything else.
08-11-2016, 07:28 AM
"Unable to Purchase" It will not even download. This is doing a search in the app store and it is the only result.