★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Relaxing Experience 'Adventures of Poco Eco Lost Sounds' $2.99 > Free

08-14-2016, 02:53 AM
Relaxing Experience 'Adventures of Poco Eco Lost Sounds' $2.99 > Free

Published in 2014. Free for the first (and a limited, obviously) time. If the music would be better I'd say very recommended. But that's just a matter of taste… Full premium, no "In-App Purchases", no advertisings.

TouchArcade main thread

Reviews:

148Apps —Adventures of Poco Eco Review
PocketGamer —Adventures of Poco Eco: Lost Sounds

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
08-18-2016, 09:11 PM
Not even worth it for free. The music is mostly mediocre (I've listened to some of the guy's other work, he's clearly capable of much better), any interaction is slow and very limited and the world is not especially artistic. I mean, I've spent more on far worse games, but... I still found this hugely disappointing in pretty much every sense. Avoid.
08-19-2016, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightRooks View Post
Not even worth it for free. The music is mostly mediocre (I've listened to some of the guy's other work, he's clearly capable of much better), any interaction is slow and very limited and the world is not especially artistic. I mean, I've spent more on far worse games, but... I still found this hugely disappointing in pretty much every sense. Avoid.
I agree.
I bought this based on the good review given by TA. Thought there was something wrong with me.
Music was dull & at best generic. Story was pointless. Visuals ok. Gameplay tedious. Even my kids found it monotonous. We played through all the levels to see if it got any better.
Spoiler alert: it didn't !
08-19-2016, 08:03 AM
I know the gameplay is predominately minimal puzzling, but it does say 'Explored Crystal Caverns' etc. after each level for a reason. As an ambient trip through an otherworldly technicolor land, I really enjoyed Poco, and I bought it long before it went free.