They moved my wife at a concert to much cheaper seats. WWYD?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Papa Deuce, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    My wife took 5 girls to see a concert. We paid $65 per ticket. They were official tickets but we bought them at face value from a friend who could not go.

They were in their seats before the show, and it was apparent that the show was not sold out. Then venue moved everybody CLOSER to the stage, but my group was also moved to the 3rd row from the top of the venue. They all said the seats were much worse than the original seats. They were $14 per ticket from the venue for the area they were moved to.

My wife complained and the venue said that they have the right to move people as stated in fine print.

Cool, I get that part, but I don't think they can move people and put them in seats that cost $51 less, and NOT reimburse people for that. The venue, to date is refusing to reimburse my wife.

Small claims court next?

I have a friend who is an attorney who will draw up a letter for me, but if that doesn't work, I don't know what to do. ( I won't ask my buddy to do anything but write the letter )

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    That's definitely some bullshit.

3. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Did your friend take a look at the fine print for you? I would definantly send the letter but I would have to be very sure of a judgement in my favor before taking it to court.

4. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Does your local TV station have a consumer helper segment? That might work.

5. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    That's a decent consumer story. I suggest taking it to your local newspaper. If nothing else, you can highlight the injustice to others, dragging the management's name through the mud, and maybe feel a little better. You'll have a better chance of getting the story published if your wife and some of the girls agree to be photographed.

6. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    They do. I actually worked for our local FOX TV station for close to 20 years.

My wife was able to contact someone at the venue who listened to her story. The person said they could not authorize any refunds, but would pass the info to someone who can.... but also did not promise to get us a refund. We have a direct number to the woman, so if we don't hear anything we will continue to call.